organic or hydroponics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moses781

Reaction score
well i am actually doing bolth and to be frank the organic is smoking the hydro plants that i have i am wondering if i am doing some thing rong? they where all germinated at the same time and planted at the same time but thr soil is just doing so much better i am shocked what do you think it is? i am running a 475 HPS flora nova, ph levels are about 6.0 6.5 they are growing but very slow and they are all the same (bubble gum) help plz

quick answer, yes you are doing something wrong...what type of hydro system? A PH of 6+ is too high for hydro
What ppm are you feeding at? What is the temp?

Your hydro should be bigger to be honest. Hydro grows alot faster then soil if done correctly, espescialy if your not using nutes.

moses781 said:
icon1.gif
organic or hydroponics

lol the story of our lives:D

the age old question

i am using flora nova and the temupature is a at 75degrees most of thwe time what should the ph levels be at?? i am using a tsp of flora nova for a 2 gallon resovoir

More info, some has been mentioned like food how much etc., what about the type of hydro? age of plant? any pics?

I do both and my hydro really doesn't look much better until the 3rd week or so and then from there on out the hydro is way more impressive.

the hydro set up is a 2 gallon resovoir and the pots sit in the res and the water pumps are under neith the in the res and i just now droped the ph level and added another 1/2 a tsp of the flora nova veg and lets see bepuse like i said the organic is doing way way bette then the hydro!!!!

Parts per million, it tells you how much food is in the water. You need a PPM meter to tell. How old are the plants? And what does the bottle's directions say? Or if you have a PPM meter just give us that number.

i dont have a ppm and the palnts are about 2 weeks old and the bottle says to use one tsp per gallon and i have a 2 gallon res so i use to tsp

What do you mean by "organic"?

i am doing one in soil and that plant has about 32 leaves on it and the hydro plants have about4 to 6

Lower your ph to 5.5 for veg. That will make a big difference. I spent a long time trying different ph levels and that is the one that works best in veg for me. In flower you will want to raise the ph to 5.8 to 6. You will probably be alright mixing your nutes by the directions. You will want a tds meter eventually to keep an eye on your ppm(parts per million). Without it you will want to change your res regularly. You will also want a larger res to keep your res temps low. When you have everything right you will notice a difference. I grow in soil and hydro both so I can compare and learn. By doing both at the same time I know if a problem is due to room conditions or mistakes. It has really helped me tweak my growing conditions. Good Luck.

i just cleaned the res and the roots are all looking very very bright wgite and strong i am starting all over i really appriciate the feed back

Did you rinse the hydro containers in a nuetral solution? You don't want anything adding to yer setup you don't know about such as additives in yer cleaning stuff. Your hydros should catch up with yer potteds when you got the set up working well. You'll notice a robust development when it's good to go. Since I believe this is your 1st grow,(?) I'd not stress too very much about it, yer learning every day and yer next go 'round will be even better and EASIER. EVERYONE stresses about their first grow experience so it's cool to be concerned ,just don't get frustrated or too worried about how yer doing, enjoy the experience and satisfaction of growing yer own.
Grow on and be safe.:)

how do you flush them and what solution do you rinse them with i will buy it i talked to the guy at the hydro shop and he said what he sold me would be all i need! i rinsed the clay pebble with water very well . and another thing is my ph levels are always rising? even though i drop the p h level all the time???????? what can that be

Yeah When Get My Lap Top Up You Will See The Difference In The Plants The Soil Has A Bunch Of Leaves Thick Bushy And Little Ones Are Comin Between The Branches And I Think Its A Femal It Has A Bunh Of Pistons Growing Up Word

you will know your hydro is right when you open the door and go:holysheep: could this be possible? i know thats what i did. ive had mine grow 2 inches a day during certain stages...keep playin with it man, youll get it. good luck oh, careful with GH nutes..its what i use and there full strength is around 1600-1800 ppm's IME...strong stuff

Latest posts

Back