Ouch!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craterlake

Reaction score
Hi folks!
Just wanted to share something with you. When I added that third 400 HPS to my closet, I set them quite a ways above the plants, but overnight kind of 'cooked' the top of a couple of my ladies. Litterly browned the leaves! I was very upset! I have the lights way up now, but am thinking that maybe I should go back to two 400's? What do ya think? It's a normal 6 by 2 closet, so maybe that extra light is too much. It sure raised the temp in the room!! LOL! Thanks in advance for your opinion!

Are you cooling the lights?...... if not 1200 watts of light might bake/cook your plants. good luck

:48:

3 400's in a 6x2..think its a little over kill....two shouldve been enough...id think..

Most likely the heat that cooked your plants not the closeness if they were that distance.

that sucks. i had a plant grow into a hps bulb overnight before (glad im aircooled now ;) ). i just chopped the burnt part off and it did ok the rest of the grow.

Only run 2, or get a single 600w.. 3 in a 6x2 is overkill.

Thanks all! I have removed the third light. I feel better now!!

Latest posts

Back