Outdoor grow, 2008

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420benny

Not lost, just exploring
Reaction score
I am getting close on a couple nice ladies. Can anyone tell me how close I am? I looked at the trichs with a magnifying glass and they look clear to me. I need a stronger lens. Had to rig up a plastic roof due to 3 days of rain lately.
A friend gave me some cuttings. Strain is called Queen

This one has a stalk bigger than my fist. The buds are HUGE! Strain is called Train
Well, it seems I need to post 15 times before adding pics here. Is there a way around that?

have you tried useing the "attachment" button, under advanced reply?

Yes, I tried it. It didn't do anything. Thanks for the idea though.

Well, it might work this time. Crossing my fingers. Pics 1 and 5 are Train, 2,3,4 are Queen

tomatoes20080001.JPG

tomatoes20080002.JPG

tomatoes20080003.JPG

tomatoes20080004.JPG

tomatoes20080005.JPG

Very nice. ;) How much time ya got left before harvest? :hubba:

lookin good Benny.:hubba: . i'd guesstimate, a few more weeks'.3-4. is that speed queen, and train wreck?

Thanks! 3-4 more weeks? That seems like too long. I am going to get a jeweler's loupe and watch the trichs. I am not sure if Train is Trainwreck. TW is a popular strain here, so it could be. never heard of Speed Queen.

I picked up a magnifying glass and I can see the trichs now. There are a ton of them and they are all clear. Even the smaller fan leaves are covered. One plant has purple leaves near the buds. Looks awesome.:dancing:

3-4 weeks sounds about right imo. Looks amazing btw:D. Speed Queen is from Mandala Seeds:).

hxxp://www.mandalaseeds.com/html/speed_queen2.html

replace the x with t in the http:).

Thank you! I will check that link. 3 weeks seems like an eternity right now. Hope I don't get frosted out before then.

I thought I would share something I learned yesterday. Because my ladies were'nt ready and the rainy season has arrived, I covered the location with plastic. They are in an old chicken coop with wire fencing all around and on top. The buds had grown through the fencing and were touching the plastic. Some of them started to mold. It hurt bad to have to butch cut those big buds to get rid of the moldy areas. It's important to tie the tips away from the plastic to keep this from happening. Condensation on the plastic is the cause.On a good note, one is ready and is now hanging. Nice purple leaves and lots of trichomes.

EDIT fine lookin' bud bro.... Hope the weather holds out for you. Good Luck with your big finish!

If you cover that coop with plastic at night and, if you can get power to it, run a 40W drop light out there, you can avoid frost and freezing. Prop something up to shade the light from the plant.

Quasimodo, your sig reminds me of an old MASH line. Hawkeye and BJ put a toe tag on Frank when was passed out and it said: Emotionally exhausted and morally bankrupt. At least I think so.

SBF, good idea but the location is too risky for any light. Blackberries are my friends.

Put the light under a bucket. Or get one of those under-desk heaters all the women use in office buildings to keep their legs warm. Mmmmmmm leeeeggs... Oh, yeah, they're cheap and don't give off light.

Been having mold issues due to drizzly fog and little wind. I lost the top inch off several HUGE buds. Painful to make those cuts. I needed to wait until the trichs were ready but didn't want to lose a great crop either. 2 of the queen turned purple. I can't wait to try them. The only one molding is the biggest one, Train. Lots of solid beefy buds

10-1820080001.JPG

10-1820080003.JPG

10-1820080004.JPG

10-1820080005.JPG

Nice looking plants you got there. 1 and 2 are a really strange color. Everything I've ever grown was just boring old green... in a beautiful sort of way.

Update: Train was the biggest by far and had dozens of huge colas. Bad news is the size of them also made them perfect places for mold to start growing. I lost half of the big ones to it. Next year, if I get to grow it again in the same place, I will put a fan in there for the last 3 weeks or so. Queen turned awesome. The strain must be mixed with some indica. The small bud leaves have as many trichomes on them as do the buds. I got to smoke some last night and it is the smoothest I have had in a while. Bonus is the aftertaste. It tastes like hash. Never experienced that before. When you find a strain like this, do you still trim tight or leave sticky leaves on? Yes, I did save some cuttings, in case I liked it.

Latest posts

Back