Over/Under-Water or neither???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tn_toker420

PurpMountainMan
Reaction score
I'm not sure if over or under watered, as i've had a time reading and trying to distinguish the difference ...first time indoors, as i'm having trouble adjusting from outdoors ...Here's a little info about my grow:
FF Ocean Forest soil
Have been using 1/4-1/2 strength Iguana Juice (3-1-3) grow
400MH , and t5 flouro
4'' inline fan 80cfm, 2- 2speed fans ( 1 oscilating)
temps: 60-64 lights off, 73-80 On depending if left open
no pH , i'm still working on getting a tester...hopefully this might be enough for ya to work with...

sorry, forgot the pics...also humidity around 35%

100_1680.JPG

100_1694.JPG

100_1695.JPG

Water the plant thoroughly till runoff and don't rewater your plants until about 80% of that previously given has been used up.

You can estimate this by picking up the pots and feeling the weight in your hands and you soon get a feel for it.

This is standard practice with indoor growing.

Hope this helps.

yea this is what i've been tryin' to get the hang of, determining when to water by weight...just where i'm using different containers for almost every plant i'm still trying to adjust ...but thanks Rockster :D hope the Cheese is treatin' ya right

your soil looks pretty dry and it looks like it needs water to me but i could be wrong.. the best way to know if you need to water is stick your fingure in the soil to the first knuckle if the soil is dry you should water if its still moist don't water. you'll figure it out.. it just takes time bro

WOW, it picked up by mornin' and is lookin' great now...And i've also got somethin' i'm thinking is nute burn on the bottom leaves...here's some pics, i threw in a few healthy beauties too :) the last 3 are of the one i'm wondering about now...Thanks Rockster, that was the quickest fix to a problem ever ...But any comments, advice is appreciated...

100_1701.JPG

100_1702.JPG

100_1703.JPG

100_1710.JPG

100_1711.JPG

100_1677.JPG

100_1705.JPG

100_1706.JPG

If you've not had a good watering regime going previously,it's probably pretty safe to say those lower leaf discolorations and necrosis are down to that and do look like a sign of overwatering as it goes but I'd not worry at all as long as you practice the wet/dry thing from now on you'll be fine.:watchplant:

Just pick up the pots to estimate things and resist giving more till at least 70-80% has been used but not so dry as to make soaking the growing medium difficult as if it gets too dry,pockets form that resist rewetting and is shown by water seemingly running straight through the pot,an obvious sign things are too dry.

Hope this helps and btw your plants look ok'ish,still a bit waterlogged looking though?

Were you possibly overwatering previously?

What are the drainage holes like on your pots?

i wouldnt be too worried about the yellowing.
the bottom leaves on plants yellow die and fall off on their own.
wont be a problem unless it gets alot worse

remember the water and nutes your giving your plant are feeding it. think of it like, you pour in its food, the medium (soil) holds it in. The roots suck it all out of the soil. so when the plant is almost completely dry, it needs more. dont feed it again until its all sucked up or your roots will rot, or a bunch of other things can happen. make sure youve got pretty good drainage holes like rockster said

Latest posts

Back