Overwatered now needs nutes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radioman

Reaction score
Hi, New to the forum and in my 2nd year of growing with still lots to learn! Looks like lots of great knowledgeable people here! wondering if someone could please give me some advice, regarding my screw up!
I am growing 2 plants in 3 gal pots. One is an Auto and other is photo, Growing in a 50/50 mix of Promix HP and Terra pro plus. about 25 days in from growing from seed, using a 315w CMH light.. watering once a week with water PH'd to 6.5.
Yesterday the leaves looked droopy on the photo plant and also noticed this plant is not growing too fast, so i gave it enough water (actually too much water)water was Ph'd to 6.2 in that I had approx 500 ml runoff, I last fed it nutes 5 days ago, I know I should have given nutes with the water, but was more worried about giving it water and the nutes I totally forgot about! Now this morning i see the top new leaves starting to curl upwards on themselves, I'd like to give both plants nutes today but i feed the plants with liquid nutes and i am scared if i give the plants more water again I will drown them, any advice on the steps I should take next? Thanks in advance!

Pictures would help to see what it actually looks like.
If the tips of the fingers are turned up and looked dried out it could be Nute burn.
If they are drooping it could be over watering or unwatering.
Does the pot feel light or heavy?
Like i said pics would help.

20200420_073407.jpg
20200420_073308.jpg

Thanks for your reply!
The first pic shows the bottom leaves still damaged from lack of nutrients about a week ago, I fed them nutes 5 days ago and the plants perked up, the second pic shows the curled up top leaves i take it was from overwatering last night? both pots are indeed heavy. My concern is that it is time to feed them today, but since I overwatered them last night is it ok to give them more water w/nutes today? if i wait i few more days for the soil to dry out abit will they now be underfed and have more issues?

I would let them dry out 1st. If the pots are heavy and the soil is saturated i dont think it would be a good idea to add more water. They will be just fine feeding when the soil has dried out. Dont want to drown the roots. Just my opinion.

Welcome radioman. They don't look bad at all. Just wet. Get into a regular feeding-watering-drying out cycle going forward, and you will be fine.

I would let them dry out 1st. If the pots are heavy and the soil is saturated i dont think it would be a good idea to add more water. They will be just fine feeding when the soil has dried out. Dont want to drown the roots. Just my opinion.

Ok thanks for your help ! I'll let them dry out for a few days before i feed them.

Latest posts

Back