pale leaves falling off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chronicman

Reaction score
i have i plant 2 weeks iinto flower and it wont stop losing leaves it is growing but the leaves keep turning pale yellow and falling off. it affects the whole plant except the very top. what do i do. i was told by someone to use ebsom salts but i dont know if i should and if i do how much help please shes a pretty lady but she neeeeds work

sounds like shes hungry!

feed her some bloom nutes. and even a dose er to thats high in N as your fresh into flowering.......at 1/4 strength on bottle. less is more, no miracle gro ferts! try for some fox farms. go to a local hydro shop and see what they got- try and find an organic product....as its harder for a newbie to overuse it compared to an MG product.

even a compost tea would help alot....you could go buy a bag of mushroom compost or cow manure and put some of the soil into a pillowcase and seep the bag for a few hours in warm ph balanced water. (6.5 if your in soil)

good luck!

i am currently using dnf and the plant didnt take well to its first bloom fert as the leaf tips began to curl up. no further curling since just yellowing weaking and falling off leaves

It's not umcommon for some of the larger/older leaves to start dropping once flower sets in. It's no longer as concerned with keeping so many leaves healthy and more concerned with producing flowers. It varies from strain to strain. I had some bubblegum plants that dropped all kinds of leaves during flower and another that didn't.
If it experienced some burn with the introduction of nutes it may still be dealing with that also.
As Trillion said, a little nitrogen can help with vegetation maintenance but unless it becomes a serious issue (like losing all the leaves) I would keep up with the bloom food see what happens.
There are some folks that subscribe to the idea that come harvest time, if the plants are still green, you've been feeding too much.

unfortunately it isnt happening to the larger older leaves some of them are quite small leaves and towards the bottom it is quite dramatic. i faer it will interupt maximum yeild potental as some of those leaves arent fan leaves and will keep growing. im not sure what to do cause i dont want to make anything worse. i need directions.

it looked like a mixture of two thinbgs on that chart a Nitrogen deficiency and a sulfur deficiency. I am pretty sure DNF has nitrogen in it and it didnt react well to the first time i fertalized with it a week ago. it also looks alot like the sulfur deficiency but does not have the purple top stem. leaves look very similar to this

PPM=Parts Per Million. The actual amount of TDS (total disolved solids) that you are adding to your water in the form of nutrients.
I would probably bring my levels down on the bloom food and give them a bit of nitrogen. Bringing the levels down are always a good bet when not sure of what's going on. There is a tendency to feel like "the more the better", at least with myself, but often less is more with nutes.

are the leaves getting enough light? If you don't get enough light penetration and your plants get larger thebottoms will just die off since they don't serve a purpose any more.

it didnt react well to the first time i fertalized with it a week ago

well you prolly overfed on bloom nutes- she doesnt need as much bloom nutes as she needs as she just showd sex and is still growing......i would hold off on the bloom fert and get something higher in N.

as said before...some older lower leaves will yellow but being its this early in flower i would assume N diff.

Latest posts

Back