PC help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Manny Bowles

high on my own supply
Reaction score
I'm wanting to start a journal but I've got a small problem with uploading pictures.
When I upload I've noticed that the location of the pics is C:\Users\myfullname\Pictures. I've got Vista btw...
I would like to know how to change that part with my name in it. I changed the name of the "main folder" in the start menu's (top right in the start menu) name, the one that holds Pictures, Music, etc. but when I import pics to my pc and check the picture properties it still says the location name is the same (C:\Users\myfullname\Pictures.
I've changed the Administrator name too with no luck...
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated
smile.gif

Hmm. Maybe it's your computers name. I'm not really sure how to fix it though. Hopefully someone helps you out. I wish you the best of luck with it. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

smokybear said:
Hmm. Maybe it's your computers name.

I think that's it exactly Smoky. Like when you fire up windows for the first time and it prompts you to name your machine... I just bought this pc and the company that built it of course used my name to name it...

I'd like to figure out how to do it on my XP computer also if anybody knows how;)

Right click on my computer, go to properties go to change settings and change the CPU name. It may cause some connection issues but then it may not. Don't you love Vista? LOL

We all know your DR. Manny Bowles already so why change it, LOL.

snuggles said:
Right click on my computer, go to properties go to change settings and change the CPU name. It may cause some connection issues but then it may not. Don't you love Vista? LOL

We all know your DR. Manny Bowles already so why change it, LOL.

LOL I wish my parents had gifted me with such a cool name, but...no.
Hmm, didn't work. I changed the Computer Name, Full Computer Name, and Computer Description, restarted and imported a picture and it still goes to C:\Users\myfullname\Pictures. Thanks mucho for the suggestion tho, I was positive it was gonna work.
And no, I'm not really a fan of Vista either. It's pretty but has lots of issues to say the least. I'm not even sure I can upload a picture from this computer, it's shut down my browser in all my previous attempts:fid:
Maybe I'll try your suggestion on my other one that's got XP. Thanks again.

Any other suggestions?

I think I've got it. If I just create a new folder somewhere else other than in My Pictures I should be able to keep my name outta there as it won't be part of the file name. Hopefully.

XP FTW man I heard Vista is bad...I would just try moving them through a series of folders...Then uploading

Hmm. I really thought that was it. I'm not really sure what to tell you. I have Vista so I will toy around with it and see if I can get it changed on my computer. If it works, I will let you know. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

Got it to work on my XP computer, the Vista one is still shutting down IE when I try. Just made a new folder on C: drive and it's all gravy.

Thanks again

create desktop shortcut and upload it from desktop

Latest posts

Back