Perennial marijuana wha-what!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What they are describing is a plant that known as a "self sowing annual". The only difference between this annual and any other self sower is that this plants life cycle is determined by the number of days as opposed to seasonal. Most annuals sprout from seed in the spring, live till late summer, set seeds then die. the next spring the seeds come back, not the original plant. There are all kinds of experimentation going on in horticulture in so far as hybrids, and genetic alteration, and grafting. If anyone found a way to truely change a plants DNA from annual to perrenial it would be on every news outlet, t.v. station, and web page in the world. Can you immagine the bennifits to commercial farming? World hunger would be history.
This claim is total HOGWASH, A SCAM, A COME-ON. They will take your money and chuckle. IMO.

cubby said:
I have no idea where you came up with this tidbit of misinformation. Perrenials have nothing to do with weather or not the plant is a tuber. My family has been in the lanscape nursery business for 3 generations and I have picked up alittle practicle knowlege along the way. A perenial is any plant that dies back at the end of the season and regenerates itself. Daylillys are perrenials,but not tubers, Hostas are perrenials, but not tubers, there is a enourmus number of plants that are perrenials but not tubers.
I would have to assume the only way you could have a perrenial Mj plant, would be to grow it like normal, then after it has reached maturity,but before reaching the end of it's life cycle, put the plant back into vegitative growth. I've seen a few pictures of these kind of plants. They look like little bozia weed.
have you ever dug up a hosta or lillie? they have bulbs. thus would be considerd a tuber. Good god argueing is pointless internet gangsta.

blancolighter said:
They say you can have multiple generations in one season because its an autoflowering strain and can finish its whole life cycle a few times in one season, i.e. sprout, veg, bud, drop seeds, and repeat.

You've read a little more into something thats not there man. No where does it say it regenerates from its living root stock, quite the opposite. Its says uncommonly the original plant may reemerge, and I'm 100 percent positive that by this they mean NEVER.

If you have another source your are getting info on this strain from, then by all means share it, but there is nothing on the pages linked to that say this is anything less than normal autoflowering plants in a marketing ploy.

Hey buddy maybe you should go and check your sources
hXXp://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/262660/herbaceous-perennial[/URL]

I agree this ad could be bogus thats why its up for discussion. If it is real and what the ad says "Herbaceous Perennial" then its pretty cool and o makes me 100% right.

I love threads like this lol, start out so unassuming then all hell breaks loose, entertaining if nothing else lol

donkey942 said:
have you ever dug up a hosta or lillie? they have bulbs. thus would be considerd a tuber. Good god argueing is pointless internet gangsta.

Niether hostas or day lillies have bulbs, The lillie that is propagated from a bulb is a Asiatic lily. Additionaly, bulbs are not considdered tubers, they are two completely different things.
You obviously don't know the difference between bulbs, tubers,croms or any other plant matter. And there is no arguement ,you don't know what you're talking about.:rolleyes:

PoppedAlung said:
Hey buddy maybe you should go and check your sources
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/262660/herbaceous-perennial

I agree this ad could be bogus thats why its up for discussion. If it is real and what the ad says "Herbaceous Perennial" then its pretty cool and o makes me 100% right.

Yea, I know what we're talking about here, and sorry, but the site is still CLEARLY marketing a scam, why you keep pushing it as possible fact is beyond me. Marijuana is not a herbaceous perennial, and the science does not yet exist to make it one, period.

This is my first reply.:) Autoflowering MJ seed is when the plant, that is already feminized, flowers indoors with 24 hrs of light as opposed to 12/12. As for a perennial MJ plant, I guess it is possible, but not very likely to survive a harsh winter, i have regenerated MJ plenty of times, inside like a bonsai of course. Actually, one female white widow lived like four years. I guess when I read this thread all the way through I am not sure the question. I think both strains mentioned are autoflowering strains but to be a perennial...hmmmmm.:watchplant:

hi flanagan!... ye' irish?? ;)
I don't believe "auto" flowering an 'femminised' are necessarily relative. There are plenty of autos NOT femmminised and vice versa.
Revegging is not an option with auto flowering strains. They must be generated from seed.
Perrinial MJ is a myth..IMO

Come on, this is the stupidist marketing ploy ever, calling MJ perennial because it drops seeds and the seeds, uh, GROW. That hardly the definition of perennial, rather, more the definition of a PLANT

Isn't this the definition of a self sowing annual?

Latest posts

Back