ph and water question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huh

Reaction score
hey there everybody quick question on how to use ur ph and nutes. i understand u have to ph ur water be for u give it to ur plants but when do u do it.do u ph it before or after u add the nutes

HUH, good question, i'd like to know as well. Sir and Diablo both sound confident lol--They're both right ,lets test ph before and after!! j/kiddin, i'll surf around the site and see if theres a definite answer-I'd think, it wud be after adding nutes though-same thought here, any ph tester better than another? the prong one for soil ok? Thanks

Adjust the PH after you add the nutes. The nutes will change the ph of your water Diablo is correct. Unless you have a carbon filter on your water line with city water (non well) you should let your water air out for 24 hours to disperse the chlorine

Sir_Tokie said:
PH it before adding nute...take care..

this is blatant disinformation and should be deleted,

dont listen to this advice,

Sir tokie, i hope that was a typo.

ph after adding nutes.

Why would you adjust your ph, then add nutes? it will most likely drop your ph to an unsafe level. jeesh.

Thats why its important to read all these threads we can,,to keep such things from happening. Coulda killed the guys plants.:confused:

Hopefully it was a typo. Ph tester, the types with the prongs for soil testing work well? Garden shop here has them for like $12- suggestions ? Thanks

Johnnyrotten123 said:
Hopefully it was a typo. Ph tester, the types with the prongs for soil testing work well? Garden shop here has them for like $12- suggestions ? Thanks

The soil ones SUCK!!!!!. Your better off with the Pool type. The liquid,,and some up and down PH. Ya need to test your runoff to get the correct PH. Soil can change your PH'd water.

Johnnyrotten123 said:

No. Get a real pH tester for water. Nute your water, pH your water and then water. If you are growing in soil (which I don't), you want to also check the runoff from your soil. IMO, those soil pH testers are worse than nothing because they are just not accurate at all.

Yeah,,I had one,,thats how I know they suck. Hell,,the strips work better.;)

in myarea the tap water comes in at 7.1 before nutes,when i add nutes it goes down 2-3 so its imperive to ph water after adding or your not going get very far with acidic feed.feel free to browse the forums they have most topics covered.good lick and keep us posted

Reactions: huh
Sir_Tokie said:
PH it before adding nute...take care..
totaly wrong advice please try and be more responsible in your wisdom

ebay has cheap digital ph testers around 20 bucks

Try and buy a digital ph meter that comes with calibration solution this will be most helpful keeping you meter measuring correctly. Cheap is not always better.

Good luck
MCM

Latest posts

Back