ph of water question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrow22

Reaction score
hey guys,
so when you run 7.0 ph water through your soil, and catch it through the bottom, can you estimate that your soil ph is what the ph of the water that comes out is? Or is there a correction that you can make to estimate it...anyone who is educated in this matter, let me know, thanks
Joegrow

i got told that's how you do it so i'd say its right :)

From what I understood it's a major difference between the ph of the water going in and the runoff that is bad. a couple tenths don't matter.

uh... i think you guys misunderstood the question. When you are looking for the ph of your soil, and you run water through your soil, is the runoff ph equivalent to your soil ph?

i think its the average of the waters ph and the soils ph so u just do the math backwards like if u give them 7.0 (which is a little high id say try to get it around 6.2 for soil) and the run off was 6.0 i think u can estimate that the soils ph is 5.0

wikkedsun said:
i think its the average of the waters ph and the soils ph so u just do the math backwards like if u give them 7.0 (which is a little high id say try to get it around 6.2 for soil) and the run off was 6.0 i think u can estimate that the soils ph is 5.0

i thought soil was supposed to be 6.5 - 6.8

ive been keeping mine at 6.5..... should i add some acidifier?

yea 6.5 is the standardi feel my plants react better at a lower ph though

Latest posts

Back