PH, PPM, Temp, Rez

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
6 weeks and switching to flowering over due. and now changing everything over to instruction on bottle of the 3 flora nute.

Do I feed every week or ever 3 days when the water gets low.?

ok I check rez this morning and found my rez is under half of a 5 gal bucket and my PPM was at 225 and Ph 6.0 and temp 28 C which is 82.4 F, which it is high,.

I mix up 5 gal of water and let set for 3 days before I fill my rez, and check PPM 700 Which could be higher "right".? PH 5.7 before I add to rez.

I need a little info on others and there PPM, PH, and what you all do when the rez gets low..

Sorry I don't have any pix right now but will soon...

when rez starts get low...I have a 5 gallon bucket getting ready...and I top off the Rez....and PH is good ..5.3-5.8:aok:

:48:

4u2sm0ke said:
when rez starts get low...I have a 5 gallon bucket getting ready...and I top off the Rez....and PH is good ..5.3-5.8:aok:

:48:

Is ur water ready with food in it every time or every other time.?
is my PPM high enough.?

Thanks 4Usmoke

My Regimen:

Add fresh water daily.

If they use a ton ( meaning your ppm is down 200 after you bring the water level up) add a little nute.

Change every 4 days, some people say they go a week. Since changing every 4 days I have not had any root funk problems. The plants get more food and grow faster too.

My full grown girls get 1300ppm from the 2nd week of grow till the end. I use GH 3 part with all their additives and 2 other additives from different companies. EDIT: The GH schedule for 3 part sucks. You will have yellowing plants if you dont keep the nitrogen (the grow bottle, green one) bumped up for the first 2 or 3 weeks of flower. At least in my experience.

Ph should start at 5.6. It should rise to 6.5 as your plants are feeding. Drop it back to 5.6 every day. In my experience, if your ph is not rising something is wrong. If ph stays the same the plants are not sucking up the nutes. Either root rot or root bugs seem to do this. Although this is not the only cause of ph swings or a constant ph.

My reservoirs are in a separate room. Kept at about 63 - 65 degrees F. I dont monitor the water temp. I just assume its about 10 degrees cooler than the room, 55 or so. I use Ebb and grow systems so not sure if the nutrient temp matters for me.

Hope that helps some. You will figure out how you like to do it after a while. And I recommend getting all the additives on their advanced schedule. But I don't like their biological additives, Subculture. Seems to the muck up the water. I use Great White. Somebody will probably say since I use chemical nutes the Great White is a waste of money.......But since running it I have not had ANY root funk and my roots systems are huge and white. Also GH's Rapid Start is awesome for roots. $150 a liter or so.

I keep 200 gallons of fresh water on hand lol.

If doing hydro you always have nutes in the rez.

Rez temp is way to high, major problems are heading your way if those temps keep up. Need to lower it to around 68*F

My ppms when doing dwc in flower ranged from 1000 to 1600 depending on the strain. pH I start at 5.6 and let it drift up to 6.0 before adjusting or replenish the rez with new nutes.

Yeah that^^^^^

I am playing with the drip to waste..Im sure Hushpuppy will chime in..I feed every time..like duck the res stays full of nutrients...when it gets a bit low I use a 5 gallon bucket I already have at the ready:aok:...3 times a day 30 min...

difrent size emiters for difrent pot size:D

:ciao: Smoke :) Yeah, just as the above guys said, rez has constant food and have to replenish the rez with nuted water so that every time it waters it gives them nutes as well. Ya definitely want to keep your rez temps around 68f. anything above 80f is trouble.

The interesting thing here is for you guys using GH 3part, it looks like your PH drifts up. I use AN 3part and my ph drifts down, but the principle is the same. That is that the PH will drift as the plants use both water and nutrients. If you are setting up your water around 700ppm, that is a little low for flowering plants. For veg that is right on, but for flowering you want to go on up to about 1k and see if the plants show any leaf tip burn.

If you have only 5gal rez then you will need to keep nuted solution on hand ahead of needing it because when they go into flowering and start flower building, they will suck up some water. I have also found that with smaller rez size that the PH can really jump around because of the nutrient and water level changes occur rapidly. Having larger rez helps keep the water chemistry more stable. I have a 30+gal rez for each tent(4 plants in each) and I recirculate. :)

Latest posts

Back