PH question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sasnak

Reaction score
I need to know the difference between PH up for plants versus PH up for hot tubs. My nute store is 50mi. away and I'm outta up! :eek:

Y'all stay safe & keep a low profile

This is what I would do since we do not know what brand or what is in your pool pH, but I would compare the list of ingredients between the two.:aok:

And what ever the difference was if there is a difference, I would Google the different ones and see what they really are :aok:

Thanks Mr.Duck, The PH up for pools does'nt show ingredients on label.

Take a little out of your hot tub,add then run like hell.!pc she don't blow then you got a winner!

Maybe use some Baking Soda instead till you can get some actual ph up? I buy mine online from Amazon. I am a Prime Member so I get free 2 day shipping on most things. I searched and could not find the ingredients on any PH up for Spa's. I would think it would be safe to use but can't say for sure.

Thanks for the replies Y'all, guess I'll just get the proper stuff from the nute store.

stay safe & keep a low profile.............

Stuff for aquariums would work in pinch I would think.

Bone meal, wood ash and dolomite lime will all raise PH without hurting the kids. I wouldn't use pool stuff as it is pretty harsh and could overdrive the PH and burn the kids. I also wouldn't use baking soda unless it was an emergency because that has a lot of sodium which will raise soil salts and create toxicity issues later. JMO :)

Thanks HP, you da man. :clap:

stay safe & keep a low profile..........

I have used Spa pH stuff in a pinch, but it has stuff in it like salts that are not really good for your plants. I, like Hamster Lewis have Amazon Prime and get 2 day shipping free (overnight is $3.99 more if it is a real emergency).

The Proper PH up and down, is to cheap,,to be using the other,,unless ya have no choice at all,,,especially with all the time and effort put into growing your girls.

25 bucks free shipping from Amazon and it will last a long long time.

http://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-pH-Up-Down/dp/B001UBN4YC/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1356890157&sr=8-3-fkmr2&keywords=general+hydroponics+ph+up+and+down+kit+powder

I make my own liquids for up and down from the powder. Store it in plastic Vodka bottles, yeah I know, quality Vodka huh? Lol.

Latest posts

Back