Ph runoff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guerillaweedfare

Reaction score
Ok so I've been watering my plants with water that has a Ph of 6.7 and just to check, I took a reading of the runoff that was coming out of the bottom holes.
To my surprise it read 5.3 :eek: Does this mean I should be watering my plants with a higher Ph water to get the runoff to be between 6.3 and 6.8??

My fan leaves are starting to fray up on the very edges in some spots and the veins are becoming a lighter green. I think my Ph is to blame for this so any suggestions would be appreciated.

:yeahthat:

when my runoff's ph is low thats what i do.. i wouldn't try to bring it back up all at once you might over shot your goal

Hello guerillaweedfare :)

You need to look at the cause, not simply a way of rectifying a problem.

If your soil is lowering your PH down 1.4 (which is a massive amount) then you need to think about changing what is causing your problem.

The soil.

Is it a peat dominant growing medium?

:peace:

HippyInEngland said:
Hello guerillaweedfare :)

You need to look at the cause, not simply a way of rectifying a problem.

If your soil is lowering your PH down 1.4 (which is a massive amount) then you need to think about changing what is causing your problem.

The soil.

Is it a peat dominant growing medium?

:peace:
:yeahthat: :goodposting:

I'd bet money it is a peat based medium.:hubba:

Wet

if your using a peat based medium keep in mind that as peatmoss breaks down it becomes acidic which will make your ph very low. did you add any lime to your soil or was it premixed with lime? putting lime in your soil helps to stabalize your ph and is a must when using peat.. hope this helps

i used a soil mix consisting of 5 bags of miracle grow seed starter, one bag peat moss, and i sprinkled in some dolomite lime...now im beginning to think i didn't use enough lime. Can I add more lime to the top of the soil to help in the long run?

You can top coat the soil with lime then water it down into the soil. It might take a little while to start working. but its better than watching everything fry!!

maybe you can speed up the limes absorbtion by using lime powder or grinding your lime up if its pellets.

Latest posts

Back