Ph

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedonofchronic

Soil grower
Reaction score
can someone please tell me in basic enough form what PH is and what i want mine at. slash how i get it to be what i want it to be. i want to know everything about this subject cause i dont know anything at all about it right now. thank you.

pH is a measurement of the acidic or alkalinity in a medium.you want different levels depending on your grow.you want about 5.8 for hydro and about 6.5 for a good soil grow to allow access for all nutrients that a plant needs.lime stone will raise your pH while powered sulfur will lower.

those charts must be like the matrix to you guys. your read the code...haha but i just see the neon green bull****.. thanks though. ill read up about it more. im stressing out about my plants... their dying fast from nute burn i dont have any other soil to put them in right now. :|

its not so bad...look at it this way.you see 6.5 on the soil side(green chart)?
well look along the 6.5 line and see how every nutrient listed is inside that range.in other words every nutrient has a spot on the 6.5 range,look at 6.4 and youll see how potassium,calcium and magnesium are not in line with 6.4.many others are but not those 3.that is the start of a deficiency called lockout.this is why its so crucial to monitor your pH.if monitored correctly you can easily identify your problem and fix it.instead of posting all over the forum freaking out and dosing your plants for something thats not even the problem.when i mean look at the at 6.5 or 6.4 there is a clear way of reading this chart,just look at were it says "marijuanas proper pH range" and look for 6.5 and then look straight across like your reading the nutrients from left to right.then maybe youll see when you check 6.4 how some colors(nutrients)are missing in the 6.4 range as to the 6.5 where they are all included.hope this helps man,good luck.

Latest posts

Back