Photography anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was in High School, I ran a Pack Station/Riding Stable during the summer months. I remember during the summers when helping my Cousin wrangle horses and helping him take Dudes into the High Country seeing the flowers like I have been posting here this last couple weeks. Seems they just bloom later at the higher elevations. So small and delicate, so beautiful. I have also included a Mushroom I had been watching pop up out of the soil. And, a sunset we enjoyed the first day of Summer comming back to camp from Reno.

a mushroom 1.JPG

a wildflowers end 3.JPG

a wildflowers end 4.JPG

a a sunset.JPG

Benny, do you spice up your salads with those nastursium flowers? Add a little color to your salad, they have a peppery taste. My kids used to get a kick out of flowers in thier salad. Lovely Garden.

Thanks HIE!
TC, my honey doesn't like the taste of pepper. That's what the nasturtiums taste like. I like them as a hot bite in the garden.

HIE, what no hot bites in your garden? I have hotter things to munch on, like serano and jalapeno peppers. Come on over, I bet I can make you cry.

Noticed this flower when I was out measuring a plant. This is Garlic, elephant garlic, if I remember right. It has been in the ground over five years.:D Not sure which pic I liked best, so posted both.

garlic 1.JPG

garlic 2.JPG

GMT said:

Camas isn't a place , it's a perennial flower. It comes up every spring here. Same color as those pics. The native americans made flour out of the bulbs.

Ah i see cheers for explaining that benny.

Pics are bluebells believe it or not, every year when spring hits this forest is carpeted in them literally millions if not billions of them.

Every year i'm amazed at that forrest, was taking a look at your garden pics bro you certainly have a few green thumbs.

I wish my own garden was like that but alas the dogs are like jcb's, i i want to plant anything it has to have a fence around it.

Here's another one of some white bluebells

136.JPG

420benny said:
HIE, what no hot bites in your garden? I have hotter things to munch on, like serano and jalapeno peppers. Come on over, I bet I can make you cry.

Thats not the first time I have been approached with similar words :p

I was just watering my Toms and noticed this ..

They say tomatoes and MJ are similar in many ways.

Pic 1 is a plum tom and pic 2 is a cherry tom, in pic 1 the leaves resemble a sativa and pic 2 an Indica.

:peace:

tom 1.jpg

tom 2.jpg

Went over to the coast for the Holiday.
Pic 2 is fungus on a tree in the campsite, Pic 3 was that same tree opposite side. Those two slugs were like that for over two days. Finally had enough and parted. The last one, was taken of a "Slug Home", I mean that there were four huddled in there every night. The Pair tho, they stayed where they were and kept at it thru the nights. This was all the same tree.
The trees beyond our camp were loaded with Cormorants nesting. The last two pics are them up in the trees. It sounded like Jurassic park 24 hours a day. My husband got out his Turkey Call box and it was suddenly quiet as soon as he started making turkey calls. You could almost hear the Mama Cormorants saying ..... "shhhhhh, what was that?".:D

a flower.JPG

a fungus.JPG

a snails.JPG

a slug house.JPG

a  cormorants.JPG

a  cormorants 2.JPG

Latest posts

Back