Pick my strain contest!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYC_Diesel x Jack_Herer

Reaction score
Pick My Strain Contenst!!!!! Hi boys and girls,
I have learned a lot of valuable information here and I want some help from all of you experts out there. I want all of your help selecting my next strain through Attitude Seed Bank. Whoever recommends the best strain according to the criteria below provided wins. I will post updates on my progress and turn this into a grow journal.
NOTE: if any law enforcement agent is reading this please note that I do not grow marijuana, however my very intelligent, horticulturaly prone cat has cataracts and since he doesn't have insurance, his doctor will not remove them. I am simply providing him with the necessary tools.

STRAIN CRITERIA:
1) I am not new to growing or cloning, but I am new to hydro, so an easy/forgiving strain to work with would be nice.
2) I want a strain that flowers to finish quickly, under 9 weeks.
3) Auto-flowering strains are out because I will be cloning.
4) Because of the system I am using, plant height is at a premium, 3 foot MAX.
5) Instead of listing off system specifications, here is what I am using, I got a GREAT DEAL, ALMOST HALF OFF!!!!!!!:

I can't paste URLs because I haven't been a member long enough, but more info to my system can be found online, some are for sale on Ebay.

The mother chamber on the right holds three mothers, I have a separate system to hold my clones, and the flowering chamber on the left runs with a 400watt air cooled HPS and a Full Spectrum (Red Blue), Cool Running 105w Florescent and holds up to 24 plants.
So as you can see, plant height and size is an issue, I need short, stocky, one huge cola plants.

And as you can probably assume, I want the strain to be as mind numbingly, a$$ kickingly, get up in your face and make you giggle like a 12 year old girl for 90 minutes then eat everything in your refrigerator good.

PS-The reason I am asking for one strain to be picked even though the system can run three strains is because I already have two Diesel strains (NYC Diesel and Red Diesel) selected. These two strains are slightly longer flowering than average and aren't known for being huge producers, hence the criteria requested.

GOOD LUCK ALL AND THANKS TO THOSE WHO HELP!!!!!

Go to homegrow-hydroponics.com/smstgrboin60.htm to see what I am using.

View attachment Doc10.doc

NYC_Diesel x Jack_Herer said:
2) I want a strain that flowers to finish quickly, under 9 weeks.

4) Because of the system I am using, plant height is at a premium, 3 foot MAX.

Why are you creating posts, then deleting it, then creating an almost exact duplicate again?

2, You want an Indica dominant strain.

4, Any strain can be kept under 3ft, you simply put it into flower at 12 inches.

:peace:

Sorry about the move, as soon as I posted it I realized I had it in the wrong section and I couldn't move it so I just copied and pasted it into a new post.

Nothern Lights?
Thats what everone told me to grow.

Why don't you grow something that sounds good to you and the kind of high you like? I mean there are hundreds of strains that fit your criterea, and I could list em all here, but doing that won't help you find your special plant. Why not take a look at the strain descriptions on Attitude and find one that speaks to you? I mean they're gonna send you free seeds with your order, why not just use those as strains other people pick for ya? Then again, you're prolly just lookin for some fun tryin a new strain, so:

All that bein said, I'll still reccommend two things: Sensi Star from Paradise seeds is my first recommendation, its my fav. smoke and can always be found in one of my curing jars. It likes to stay short and bushy, and doesn't stretch much in flowering, but still yields nicely. It has a nice taste, slightly lemony, and a daaaank smell. It takes 8 weeks to finish and I find that its pretty hardy, though I've heard reports otherwise. The trics on it are huge, like twice the size of my other plants trics, it pretty cool. It's around a 22% THC content, so it gets ya nice and high, I get a more energetic high from it, while my wife gets a stoney high. I read up on it, and many people report very different highs from it, so I think thats kind of a neat thing about the plant, how differently diff. people get high from it. Bottom line, I love the space this plant saves, but most of all I love the high.

My next recommendation is Mango from KC Brains. A couple friends along with myself grow this and its one of all of our favs to grow. It has a 6-7 week harvest time, so thats pretty cool. They get a bit branchy , but if you throw them in at about 12 inches, they'll fit in your criterea and that 3 foot space nicely. The buds get huge on em, almost like the Big Bud strain, but the taste of these really set em apart. I don't even have to flush or cure this plant to get a smooth smoke, its great smoked right off the drying rack. If you do flush and cure, however, it'll bring out a great taste which really resembles mangos. I personally vape my weed, which really brings the flavor out, and boy oh boy, mango in the vape taste like straight up fruit. It's probably one of the tastiest buds I have smoked. The high is a nice mellow stone, with mangos THC content more in the 13-17% range. Bottom line of this bud, I love the weight it produces, but I love the taste more than anything.

Hope that helps...

i would take a look at mandalas SPEED QUEEN or nirvanas PAPYA both indicas and short flowering times also papya is suppose to be real knock out high i have some i am starting in spring just my 2 cents;)

if ytou like the look of speed queen
i would recommend Querkle
SUBCOOL took a purple urkel clone and breed it with sp Q
i tell just about everyone here to get it
it is suposed to be one of the most potent purple strains wth a taste that subcool says cannot be decribed as any other taste then purple with a wicked high

yes but i dont belive querkle is able to be purchased at attitude where he is ordering from;) cant go wrong with the speed queen in my opinion:)

Ok, so far I am leaning towards Blancolighter's recommendation of Sensi Star from Paradise seeds.....any other suggestions?

nivanas' Pure Power Plant, It can be kept low as they say just start to flowr at about 6". It has a very strong high, between 15 and 20 percent THC and takes about 8 to 9 weeks to finish. The taste is OK, very smooth, and not much smell at all.

Ok so after checking things out online I decided to go with a different distributor than Attitude, I went with http://www.worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com/

They represent basically the same seedbanks. The strains on the way right now are as follows...
STRAIN: PRODUCER: FLOWER TIME:
Jack Herer Sensi Seeds 50-70 days
Ed Rosenthal Superbud Sensi Seeds 55-65 days
NYC Diesel Soma Seeds 70-84
Sensi Star Paradise Seeds 56-63 (Thanks blancolighter)
Red Diesel Barney's Farm 65-75
Super Silver Haze Mr. Nice Seeds 56-70

I am getting packs of ten seeds of each (except for the Super Silver Haze, getting 15) , none of them are feminized. I figure with 6 different strains I could have some fun doing some crosses every now and then to replenish my seed stock, and with 6 different strains I should never get tired of what I'm tokin. I plan on doing a cloning system and my grow box has a section for a few mothers (see pic above).
My box should be here tomorrow and my beans should be here within the week hopefully. I plan on turning this into a grow journal, it is my first shot with hydro. Couple questions for you pros....

1) ANYONE EVER TRIED ANY OF THESE STRAINS IN A SOG OR SCROG???
2) What strain would do best in a scrog?
3) Is there a significant increase in yield if I use in CO2 in my system as opposed to running my grow room air circulation system 24 hours/day that brings in fresh outside air all the time? I figure fresh outside air versus CO2 would not be much of a difference...

So my beans came in, they came through in 5 business days to the US (East Coast), very nice.

(The other pic is the insane cat we have)

They are going over to my friend's house tomorrow where we are doing the grow and we are going to start germinating.

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

nice puttie cat, but mango is good, melts away in the bowl.

Nice selection of seed man, you'll be higher than a kite soon enough...

not to sound like a total retarted looser but isnt getting seeds mailed to the U.S. risky?

themadhatter said:
not to sound like a total retarted looser but isnt getting seeds mailed to the U.S. risky?

...not really....I ordered to my apartment and am posting about it online from my place. But I am not growing here, it is at a buddies place. So I have nothing going on here that could get me in trouble if the cops showed up. Otherwise I wouldn't be talking about it online.
As far as the shipment goes, if the government finds it they just confiscate it, nothing more, no legal action. They remove the seeds from the box and forward the box to you with a note saying they removed contraband. If you search the threads someone posted a copy of their letter. Many sites including the one I use guarantee the shipment so they would resend if that was to happen....hell of a lot less risky than buying from some guy you don't know and don't know what went into the product.

Latest posts

Back