Plant Flowers under 24Hr light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkrhoddie

Reaction score
I planted bagseed 5 weeks ago into a one gallon container with Cedar Grove potting soil/ Compost mix. (I'd say 60% potting soil 40% compost). It has been under a t5 flourescesnt fixture on a 24/0 schedule. The temperatue in the room is 74 degrees.

So the funny thing is it started flowering on me. Now, thank god it's a girl and that's great and all, but from all the research I've done, that's not supposed to be possible.

Has anyone heard about this happening before? Again, I'm jubilent with the female, but worried (paranoid?) about the event. Did I stress the plant out in some way to cause this unknowingly? Or did I just do poor research before I started the process?

Any help, would... you know... help.

pinkrhoddie said:
I planted bagseed 5 weeks ago into a one gallon container with Cedar Grove potting soil/ Compost mix. (I'd say 60% potting soil 40% compost). It has been under a t5 flourescesnt fixture on a 24/0 schedule. The temperatue in the room is 74 degrees.

So the funny thing is it started flowering on me. Now, thank god it's a girl and that's great and all, but from all the research I've done, that's not supposed to be possible.

Has anyone heard about this happening before? Again, I'm jubilent with the female, but worried (paranoid?) about the event. Did I stress the plant out in some way to cause this unknowingly? Or did I just do poor research before I started the process?

Any help, would... you know... help.
The only thing that i can think of is you may have a Lowryder strain which autoflowers on it's own even if you have it under 24/7 light. Got any pics?

I have no pics, but she is 7 inches tall, 6 inches wide, with nodes every 3/4 inch or so. Shes got run of the mill female pistils on the first three nodes (from top to bottom). Her lower fan leaves are 15% yellow... I'm guessing nute burn?

I watered with Alaskan Fish fertilizer (5-1-1, 1/4 tsp per gallon) twice during week three, because I had read (here in fact) that Nitrogen at this time can help your female/male ratio. But I totally backed off once I noticed the yellowing, and it has been straight H20 since then.

There were four other plants in the space, and I'm guessing that at least one of them came form the same bag, none of which have sexed yet.

Think maybe my pots are too small? The roots are coming out of the bottom of the container (1/4 inch or so). Of course this is happening with the other plants as well, yet they show no sex.

TBG I've been reading without posting for a while and have come to greatly respect your opinion. Thank you very much for your previous prompt reply.

pinkrhoddie said:
I have no pics, but she is 7 inches tall, 6 inches wide, with nodes every 3/4 inch or so. Shes got run of the mill female pistils on the first three nodes (from top to bottom). Her lower fan leaves are 15% yellow... I'm guessing nute burn?

I watered with Alaskan Fish fertilizer (5-1-1, 1/4 tsp per gallon) twice during week three, because I had read (here in fact) that Nitrogen at this time can help your female/male ratio. But I totally backed off once I noticed the yellowing, and it has been straight H20 since then.

There were four other plants in the space, and I'm guessing that at least one of them came form the same bag, none of which have sexed yet.

Think maybe my pots are too small? The roots are coming out of the bottom of the container (1/4 inch or so). Of course this is happening with the other plants as well, yet they show no sex.

TBG I've been reading without posting for a while and have come to greatly respect your opinion. Thank you very much for your previous prompt reply.
If you are seeing roots out the bottom i would transplant. Are they still in veg? Also when you have problems with nutes for ever gallon of dirt you should flush 3 gallons of water through the container. This will get rid of any nutes left behind which can continue to damage your plant.

Well, when she showed pistils I moved her over to the 12/12 section. THANKS for the tip on the water, I havent flushed them anywhere near that much. That should help out a lot.

Think a 3 gallon pot would work to transplant into?

pinkrhoddie said:
Well, when she showed pistils I moved her over to the 12/12 section. THANKS for the tip on the water, I havent flushed them anywhere near that much. That should help out a lot.

Think a 3 gallon pot would work to transplant into?
Yes a 3 gallon pot should work fine. Good luck on the grow my friend. ;)

Latest posts

Back