Plant Free for Experiments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
keep it for this years gurilla grow, imagine the size of the plant youll have by autumn.

yummy

85cannabliss said:
keep it for this years gurilla grow, imagine the size of the plant youll have by autumn.

yummy

Like the idea

Hops is a cannabae plant just like MJ, so there technically shouldn't have been a problem grafting it at all. However, there is no benefit to doing so.

I can see your views on having multiple strains to reduce actual plant numbers, however, there are variables you must take into account with this as well. Things like, if you put all this effort into this single mother plant and something happens, you're out all those strains, plus, why graft it in the first place if you're still going to have those original donor plants around? You'd still have the same amount of plants around if not more. Really, no TRUE benefits discovered as of yet with grafting MJ... :(

But, who knwos, you might come up with something no one else has been able to discover yet! :)

I was just kidding, its physically imposible, but what if a the top of a male plant is grafted onto a female base, then once mature, given a 12/12 light regime. Will the polen from such a plant when used to fertilise, possibly produce feminised seeds, or hermies or just some sort of **** up?

md.apothecary said:
Hops is a cannabae plant just like MJ, so there technically shouldn't have been a problem grafting it at all.

Theoretically, you're correct. However, when the top people in the world only have a 40% success rate at best, I'd say there is more to it than meets the eye.

Marijuana doesn't like to be grafted.

plant it out front of your local police station then call CNN.
sorry guys ,im too straight

try bending it over and rooting another section of the plant, like take one of the suckers, cut a "clone," but toss it, put rooting hormone on the part still on the plant, bend it over, and root that section, and see what happens! ive always wanted to try that, but im only on my first grow with 2 little ladies left over, so why dont you try it for me?

also, there is a thread up now asking the age old question whether putting the plant in the dark before harvest matters, stopping nutes, etc, just try all those things maybe and compare it to whatever you grow normally

Afrikaaner said:
also, there is a thread up now asking the age old question whether putting the plant in the dark before harvest matters, stopping nutes, etc, just try all those things maybe and compare it to whatever you grow normally

Cutting light out of the last few days of a grow does in fact make your buds more potent. It's a defense mechanism of the plant. No light makes the plant think it is dying so it forces as much thc as it can out of the stems and leaves and into its buds.

md.apothecary said:
I can see your views on having multiple strains to reduce actual plant numbers, however, there are variables you must take into account with this as well. Things like, if you put all this effort into this single mother plant and something happens, you're out all those strains, plus, why graft it in the first place if you're still going to have those original donor plants around? You'd still have the same amount of plants around if not more. Really, no TRUE benefits discovered as of yet with grafting MJ... :(

Lol that was the point of what was talking about. I said if you were tight spaced you could grow multiple strains using grafting. Say you only have room for one or two plants. Thats enough room to start 4-5 strains, sex them, pick the best growing female and use her as the receiver of the grafts from the other strains. Hence it would be a benefit to growers who are confined on space.

Smoked the roots to those who suggested it... BAD idea. Tastes like a week old What-A-Burger, but if anybody out there has root rot smoke them and see if you get anything. I am sure that the root rot might add a little extra "kick" to the experience!

Disco, dude! You made my throat close, man.

<Gag>

I'm betting that was nasty!:headbang:

What can I say?!?! I'm just hard like that.

Latest posts

Back