planting times

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baggervance

Reaction score
when should you put the plants outside if you where in the south like upper mississippi georgia area ? and what time of the year will they be ready? A guy once told me he got his buds on halloween night.

Hey,

If you're around the Tupelo area your best chances of not getting your babies zapped by frost is waiting until after April 18th. Along the coast in Buloxi they can get their plants out anytime now but for the rest of the state it's the 2nd - 3rd week of April.

As far as when they'll be ready for harvest there are a few things to consider. The strain of weed you're growing is the main determining factor. If it is an equatorial sativa variety it can take 12-14 weeks to flower to maturity. Indica varieties with origins in more temperate zones flower much closer to 8-9 weeks.

Another big factor is your climate. I've seen outdoor environmental stress make varieties finish quicker outdoors than clones of the same plant flowered indoors. I'm also in the south and plants outdoors usually start flowering hard around the 2nd or 3rd week of August so around the beginning of October some varieties finish up but some can take longer.

The last couple of weeks is the hardest to wait... it really tests your patience all the while you wonder if they'll get stolen or discovered by LE... And then you harvest!

Good Luck & Happy Growing!:cool:

Latest posts

Back