Plants drooping, overwatering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a few quick comments.

I experienced the distorted leaves you have now with my grow at about the same time up to week 4. For me it was the pH of the water, I am a soil grower and was using a meter that was not calibrated correctly water that was reading 6.5 was actually 5.5. Most of the plants were doing "ok" but some of the plants were experiencing this "distortion" and 'twistyness' that you are seeing with your plants. When the meter was calibrated and the water was within 6.3-6.8 parameters everything corrected itself within the next few waterings. The other thing I was going to mention is you always have the option to go with a 18/6 lighting schedule (that is what mine was) to help with lowering temps a bit if you find them a bit high. My RH was low 20% all through veg and they came out fine, I also grow in a basement but there is so much ventilation in the room it gets a bit dry. That is another thing to consider, the air exchange is a very important and overlooked aspect of the growing ecosystem these plants need when we are simulating them indoors, don't skimp the ventilation if at all possible.

I too grow in a basement, small tent [20"x36"x60"],to combat low humidity I placed a cool mist humidifier in the tent. I run 400w MH/HPS--vented hood. It took a while to get the right balance of air flow using vent holes -- cool air come'n in at the bottom, hot air out the top. Now its 74*/79*--RH 45%/53%, this without using the vent fan for the light. Temps in the basement [outside tent] range 45*/63*--RH 20%/40% for comparison. Run'n light 24/0 helps maintain temp. By flower time hopefully it'll be warmer here in the northeast, otherwise I have a small heater for the dark part of 12/12. I'm used to outdoors so I feel your pain try'n to find the "sweet" spot, good luck............

Just wanted to update.

Things are back on track and theyve finally hit their stride. I cant say I ever pinpointed what it was- but I now have an active ventilation system and had let the cubes dry out a little more before I fed next; so its quite likely that airflow was my problem.

Currently the temps are in the low 70s, lower than I would prefer but they are going just fine. In the future I hope to be able to get conditions like that of North Fork (upper 70s/40-50%RH) during veg with help of a little mist humidifier.

Thanks for sorting this all out with me.

I'd bet it was a combination of all of these things. But fresh air is a big one. With plenty of c02 your plants can handle a little higher temps. Ventilation is something we see people overlook way too often, and is just as important as water and light.

Glad to hear you got things sorted out!

:yeahthat: well said LF....

Glad to see you back in action dreys50....
LH

Latest posts

Back