plants look horrible

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maineharvest

Reaction score
Does this look like nute burn to yall or a deficiency? I have no clue.

fox farm nutrients
promix soil
ph 6.5-6.9
hps lights
3 weeks into flower

IMG_3266.JPG

IMG_3275.JPG

IMG_3273.JPG

IMG_3271.JPG

IMG_3267.JPG

looks like they hungry..do you fallow the ff schedule at full strength?...do ya use cal/mag?..

Deficiency--I'm thinking Cal-Mag, too. How much, how often and what are you feeding them? Did you use straight Pro-Mix with no additives?

I had a N overdose so that threw off my whole feeding schedule. I flushed to clean out the the extra nitrogen and then put into flowering. I started noticeing this problem the day after I hit them with flower nutes so that's why I was thinking nute burn.

The fox farms nutes have cal mag in them so I gave away my calmag about two weeks ago cause I had the bottle for almost two years and never used it. Figures.

I'd say your Ph is too high. 6.5-6.9 is pushing it imo. During flower i'd keep them at 6.2-6.5 at the most.

There deficient in your feeding regime. I used fox farm for awhile. Plants did ok. But the cost per cycle for nutrients just doesn't justify what you get. Try GH micro and bloom only. Bet you would be shocked.

Good advice people. I found my cal mag and gave them dose so hopefully that helps.

Was wondering if the cal mag helped your plants? My blue widow is having the same problems. im using the same soil and nutes. I also have super lemon haze and northern lights in the flower room and they are doing fine although they are only at week 4 and the bw is at week 8.

I've messed with the amount of nutes, added cal mag, flushed. maybe all that made things worse? THG, I didn't add anything to the pro mix, should I?

could the humidity levels be causing this? my room is between 20-30%, but like i said, the other plants are doing fine and this is the first time it's happened to the bw, which ive been growing for a year now.

ILvbubbles said:
Was wondering if the cal mag helped your plants? My blue widow is having the same problems. im using the same soil and nutes. I also have super lemon haze and northern lights in the flower room and they are doing fine although they are only at week 4 and the bw is at week 8.

I've messed with the amount of nutes, added cal mag, flushed. maybe all that made things worse? THG, I didn't add anything to the pro mix, should I?

could the humidity levels be causing this? my room is between 20-30%, but like i said, the other plants are doing fine and this is the first time it's happened to the bw, which ive been growing for a year now.

I doubt it is a humidity issue. My tents run at around 20% humidity all Winter. I add CalMag plus to my water at 5ml a gallon.

If your BW is looking like the above pic and it is at 8wks, then it sounds to be about normal. You may be just a little short on your nutrient mix and that is causing them to yellow off a little harder than they would otherwise. I personally think MaineHarvest was also suffering from a Phospherous deficiency because he had flushed them because of an overnute, then he put them into flowering.

When they start building buds they really need a lot of Phospherous and Potassium, and Magnesium. When he flushed out the excess Nitrogen, he also flushed out the other nutes that are important and didn't get them built back up when the plant went into flower, so he stayed behind until the plant started pulling the needed nutes from the lower and bigger leaves.

I'm not sure how long the flower time is on that plant strain, but if you have another week to 10days then don't try to change anything. If you have more than 2 weeks left, raise the bloom nutes right away by 50% and carry that out to the last week before harvest. The plants probably won't look any better but it will help the buds expand more as they are currently having to pull from themselves to grow the buds. :)

thanks for the advice hushpuppy. these plants finish around 65 days so i'll just let them run as they are. For the next round, i'll up the nutes a bit to see if that helps.

Latest posts

Back