Please advise.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prplepashun

Reaction score
I need advice. I started some seeds (bagseed), they sprouted, and I had them under lights, looking good, and I'm an idiot. I was turning the lights off. Didn't pay enough attention to 24/7 light at the beginning. So now I have them under light 24/7, however, they are tall and thin, and not looking like they should look for 3 weeks old. I am posting some pics, please advise if I should keep these or just start over and do them right.

101_0348.JPG

101_0349.JPG

101_0350.JPG

101_0351.JPG

101_0352.JPG

101_0353.JPG

101_0354.JPG

101_0355.JPG

101_0356.JPG

Keep 'em. If you transplant them into larger pots and bury them a little deeper, that'll solve your problem, or, get a fan blowing on them ... it should toughen those stems up a bit.

What soil are you using, how are you feeding and how often ?

they look really stretched and hungry to me
unless your camera is making them appear to be so yellow.
if you dont have any you need to get some nutes pronto.
goodluck

and runby called transplanting them will help with the stretching if you bury them deep enough.

do what runby said, and you should also try to put the light a bit closer, or get better lighting.
the main cause of stretching is from lack of lighting. If they've slowed down since you've put the ligh back on 24/7 im sure they'd be fine after transplanting them.

good luck with the grow

Def keep them and do what Runby said but I think you need more lumens because you cant veg 15-20 plants under one shop light. Hope this helps :)

You are definitely going to need to get some more lights for them babies. One shoplight isn't even close to adequate for that many plants. Do you have a grow room set up for those plants? You may want to consider purchasing a HID system for them. I count 24-25 plants you have there, half are going to be male so that leaves you with around 12 females. You are going to need at least a 400 watt hps to get a decent yield with them. They also need transplanted into bigger containers and a fan on them would thicken them stems up a whole bunch. You should definitely take a good look around the forums to help you out. That will answer a LOT of the basic questions that you are going to have. Keep us posted on what you do. Take care and be safe.

I just got done repotting them, I did away with some. (not all those were mine, my nephew started without being prepared, told him to take his away they were stealing my light!) I mixed topsoil with a little potting soil and then mixed in some worm castings. I bought some food, couldn't find anything that was 20-20-20 (have folks keeping an eye out for me) so I have Vigoro all purpose plant food 10-10-10 (liquid). Hopefully that will do.
I now have 5 plants under the long light, and 1 plant under a round lamp with 2 of the 42 watt energy saver bulbs. Hoping to get a few girls out of the bunch.
Trying to start them inside, get them strong enough to put outdoors. Please send me lots of green mojo.

Hey, good idea on better lights! The 42 watters are pretty good bulbs to use. I'm using two of those in my grow, with a few 27 watters as well.

Here are the pics after I repotted them..... they are NOT that yellow. only a few yellowish leaves on the bottom of a couple plants. My camera is making them look yellow. grrrr

101_0364.JPG

101_0365.JPG

101_0366.JPG

101_0367.JPG

101_0368.JPG

ok guys and gals, it's been a whole 15 days, and I must say, they are looking great, more like they are supposed to!! Yea ME!! Lol with a whole lotta help from my friends (marijuanapassion!!) Tell me what you think. :rolleyes: Waiting patiently for your feedback. As to my next steps. Do they look strong enough to go outside now, or should I wait a bit longer? Is it too early to presex a branch?

000_0026.jpg

000_0027.jpg

000_0028.jpg

000_0031.jpg

000_0035.jpg

jez they look good,, keep doin wat ur doin it a good turn around

If you really live in georgia, I would say go ahead and put them outside now. I think the last frost has passed for your region. You can google the first and last frost dates and see if it's safe to put them out. They will do much better outside. They are looking good so far. I wouldn't sex them, I would just put them outdoors. At around 6-8 weeks old, they will start to show preflowers and you will know what's male and whats female. Just my opinion though. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

they look good now if you stert from seed again i woul use cfl you can get them much closer to your plants wich will syop streching also you have had a good result planting them a little deeper but try to avoid this as it can course damping of and wilt

They look strong enough to put out, just check in with the weather man.

peace

OK, will be rescouting, to make sure I can find the spots I picked before, and putting outdoors saturday before work. Got up this morning, and had to move lights, they were touching yet again. Just moved them yesterday. These things are taking off now. Thanks all for ur advice. Will get pics when I put outside, and keep you updated to how they are doing. Maybe I should invite jaso over to help me out, lol.

They are looking faantastic.. a huge improvement!!!

Ok, planted outside on Saturday. It has been rainy every day since. They seem to be liking their new home. Worried about the light rain, read that they would rather be dry than wet. Is this going to be a problem? Also some of them are getting light at night from a street light(security light), is this ok? Or do I need to move them? Here are the pics I took Saturday, of their new and hopefully final home.

101_0370.JPG

101_0371.JPG

101_0372.JPG

101_0373.JPG

101_0374.JPG

101_0375.JPG

101_0376.JPG

Latest posts

Back