PLEASE HELP a noob.. WILL my plant grow? (pictures)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dragginwagen

ok so i am what you could call useless in the field of growing herb... but my intentions are to change just that! :cool: anyways... so ive been reading for a while about growing and the other day i was reading on this site and (hipforums) when miraculously i found one lonely seed sitting on my keyboard... i HAVE NO IDEA where this came from but i thought it might be destiny... so i decided to put that sucker in a damp paper towel for a few days and today i saw a little root comin out of the seed SOOOOOO what i did was......... (keep in mind that i am DEFINATLY not planning on having a good plant or sure im going to have success at all.. i kinda did this as an expiriment to "get my feet" wet so to speak..) anyways,, all i want to know is... will my plant grow...

i first went outside and filled a plastic cup with some soil from my parents garden lol. i saw a couple worms in there so i figured it might be ok for planting??? anyways so i have a cup of "dirt" from my garden i then put my seed in the soil about .5 inch from top of soil.. i then found out that i will be needing constant light? (24 hours?) untill when...??? anyways... right now. i have a standard 50 watt halogen bulb bout 8 inches above my plant with a fan thats pretty big for exhaust. lol

my set up is a garbage can about 2.5 feet tall and maybe a bout a square foot base.. i have a light on the inside of the can about 8 inches from the plant and the fan is running...

that is a shot of the inside of my box with the fan and the light

this is the fan that i was sayin is pretty big...

anyways.. thoughts? questions? anything would be MAGNIFICENT...

i know for "GOOD" plants your gunna wanna use better lights than my 50w halogen bulb but my question is WILL it grow and will i be able to smoke them buds and get high (if female) lol

thanks anyone and everyone :holysheep: (new to the forums and wanted a chance to use that sheep pretty bad..)

Take that halogen bulb out and hang it in your kitchen, then go out and get some cfl's and your set to get started. Do some reading too, like slowmo said. It's easier than it looks...but, you have to start out right or you will be bummed.
puff

ya i was thinking that.. i took the temperature and its 77 F. which didnt sound SO bad?

even if you can keep your space in the 70's, a halogen is totally the wrong spectrum for growing ganja, halogens are primarily in the green spectrum, which is useless for growing any green plants

As far as your plant is concerned...there is little to no difference between a halogen light and no light. You cannot grow a plant under a halogen light.

i have now put it under a strobe light lol in hopes of a miracle.. untill i can get my hands on some lights and some real seeds... remember everyone i was 100% sure this was going to fail.. thank you

A strobe light? Jeez, are you really asking for advise or do you just want to post cute little pictures of sheep?

You are not growing at your parents house without their knowledge, are you?

Go to your local shop, grab a ballast for 2x 40 Watt floros ($14.95 up here in Canada), and a couple of bulbs (3505 lumen cool white and warm bulbs here for 3 bucks a piece).

That is a world of difference from a 50 watt halogen.

Or go to home depot or lowes and get a 50W or 70W High pressure sodium or metal halide flood light. 50 bucks for 50W or 70 bucks for 70W

ok so first note... ya'll need to relax a simple yes would have been enough of a response in this thread.. cause my plant DID grow and has sprouted 4 leaves and it is day 3... ALL i wanted to know was would my plant increase in size... i wasnt asking how to make great canabis i was ask IF it would enlarge and yes it did.. so thanaks for all the help.. i have a regular soft white bulb on it right now and am going out to get a floro bulb today.. this was only a trial into growing i was just trying to get my foot in the door... thanks all

I wouldn't mind seeing pictures of this garbage can of yours, sounds like an interesting little micro setup, wheres the fan at?? at the top/bottom of the can? Are you growing a strain that you acquired or is it some bag seeds? -- Can't say i've ever actually tried growing with a halogen bulb, nor do i know the science behind halogen spectrum.

A soft white bulb is okay for vegging.. itll get bigger, but the chances of it being a male could increase due to the red spectrum of soft white.

If you get more CFL bulbs, try to find a daylight spectrum or blue spectrum, 5000k and higher for above average vegetative growth -- nothing wrong about it, not if you want some decent smoke that is :)

When you throw your plant into its flowering phase, for bud production, then you can use all the soft whites you want

4100K (kelvin) - 6500k = daylight/vegetative growth

2700k - 3500k = soft white/flowering growth

Lets see some pics bro! :)

on a side note, heres some other interesting color temperatures for various forms of light

1700 K Match flame
1850 K Candle flame
2700 K High Pressure Sodium
2800–3300 K Incandescent light bulb
3350 K Studio "CP" light
3400 K Studio lamps, photofloods, etc.
4100 K Moonlight, xenon arc lamp
5000 K Horizon daylight
5500–6000 K Typical daylight, electronic flash
6500 K Daylight, overcast
9300 K CRT screen

haha i had pics up but the admins took em down i guess cause they were too big for the thread? lol but anyways ya im going out today to buy a bulb. i planted my seed three days ago so would just a standard cfl light work? and what was that bit about a "balast" that abso was saying? anyways thanks for the help

like dejavu.

in 2 months, he gonna be asking how to cover the smell,
so his parents dont find out.

dragginwagen said:
haha i had pics up but the admins took em down i guess cause they were too big for the thread? lol but anyways ya im going out today to buy a bulb. i planted my seed three days ago so would just a standard cfl light work? and what was that bit about a "balast" that abso was saying? anyways thanks for the help

Yeah it will, a 23w, 29w, 32w, 40w or even a 42 watter from wal-mart should work, they seem to have those different types stocked from time to time :)

thanks a lot bro:) (first helpful piece of information recieved in this thread.)

MrPuffAlot said:
like dejavu.

Eh? you mean draggen is someone who has been banned or something in the past for being under age?

MrPuffAlot said:
like dejavu.

...or your a *******..?? my parents are atcually clueless and im moving it out to the garage when i need to transplant. so stop thinking your funny and cool posting useless **** in trying to learn how to start. and its faggits like you that make it impossible cause everytime we ask a question its somehow easier to read it qupte something stupid we said and make fun of it rather than help.. ya it might already be on here but so is "research you idiot" ya i know i can research but i have specific questions that i asssume all of you know instantly so why spend all day trying to find the answer when i could hope someone is willing to share information.. but thanks for the help bro. Mrpuff a lot -> :hitchair: <- 16 year old kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back