please help me!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedabix

Reaction score
I have the worst flu ever and I'm 2000 miles away from home! sweating, pains all over my body, halucinations!do you have any home remedies that your mama used for you??? ANY suggestions appreciated, :confused: thanks!

feed a cold, sweat out a flu bro. crank the heat, and climb under alot of blankets, and sweat it out. drink as much fluids as possible. i know it's hard to keep em down, but you have to stay hydrated. this is important to the healing process. hope you feel better real fast weedabix. now go get under those blankets, and take a jug of water with you...bb...

Weedabix said:
I have the worst flu ever and I'm 2000 miles away from home! sweating, pains all over my body, halucinations!do you have any home remedies that your mama used for you??? ANY suggestions appreciated, :confused: thanks!

Nyquil Night Time

A: 30ml Wild Turkey

followed by

B: 250ml water

followed by

C: 30 ml Port or Sherry

followed by

D: 250ml of water

Do this until you can't do it anymore.

Then get lots of sleep!

smokingjoe said:
A: 30ml Wild Turkey

followed by

B: 250ml water

followed by

C: 30 ml Port or Sherry

followed by

D: 250ml of water

Do this until you can't do it anymore.

Then get lots of sleep!

Thanks for yhour advice but I read on Wikipedia that alcohol is bad for it?

If you drink enough,,you wont care.:D OH and by the way,,Nyquil has alcohol in it.;)

Yeah i have always heard about sweating out the flu but if you cant keep water down be careful. If you go 3 days without being able to keep water down...GO TO THE HOSPITAL!!!
Dehydration is one of the 3 main causes of death in the young and the elderly who contract influenza.
The hospital will give you a salineIV. It will help replace all the fluids you lost.

Tell em you're in immense pain and you need a morphine whistle whislt you are there :D

I always prefered Thera Flu to Nyquil. Hope you feel better. Sucks to be sick away from home. :(

If you can't keep water down, try 7-up or Sprite and saltine crackers... Works great to settle stomach... Once you settle your stomach take a large dose of Nyquil or thera flu, Tylenol has a good liquid out to now that is not to gross... Make sure you do the nightime liquid... Put on all the clothes and blankets you can find, and sweat!!!! When you wake up in 4 hours or so, repeat, 24 hours or so you should feel better!!! Keep a thermometer handy if your temp goes over 102 you need to go to the emergency room... Very dangerous for adults!!!;)

Hope you feel better, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

SmokinMom said:
I always prefered Thera Flu to Nyquil. Hope you feel better. Sucks to be sick away from home. :(

Yes, I forgot about that one. Have used both. They both have the same things in them,,,but,,,Thera Flu has more mg of the stuff,,so it works better for the money.

Weedabix said:
YES. Alcohol keeps your liver busy, thereby inhibiting your immune system. Acetaminophen (Tylenol) is also metabolized by your liver, so NEVER EVER mix alcohol with Acetaminophen or aspirin. If you must drink alcohol, switch to ibuprofen (Advil). If you have any bleeding or vascular problems, then don't use ibuprofen or aspirin either. Call the doc for advice with that. They may tell you to use naproxin (Aleve), but I don't know anything about that product. OJ, Gatorade, or water are best fluids. Gatorade has sodium that you need for hydration. If you can eat something salty, it will greatly help your hydration too. Tomato soup or beef broth with saltene crackers are good for that.

If you got a flu shot, it will only last 2 or 3 days. If not, well... hang in there. If you can't help yourself, get a ride to the ER.

Good luck, Weed.

Kinda late reply, but I remember once before me and the lady got married-we was shackin'-and I got all stuffed up and feverish for like 2 days-was'nt nauseated-just conjested, feverish and feelin like crap.
She made me a very strong hot toddy-then I climbed under blankets for 8 hours and woke up soaking wet-but feeling better and thirsty.

Gb

Latest posts

Back