PM, powdery mildew question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tastyness said:
Appreciate the gorgeous photo Hushpuppy.

I understand where you are coming from, its a very clear, informative pic. Its is NOT, however, gorgeous. That is awful, awful... AWFUL! :holysheep:

Blah! I hate the PM. Next year its over. There is no hope for this PM. Go, Eagle20!

Drifting- I stand corrected. Sloppy choice of adjective.

So, I noticed some strange stuff this morning when checking the girls. I thought this was normal fading, but after seeing the pic I was a bit worried.
Can anyone identify the problem?

IMG_3619.JPG

people should be aware, PM thrives in very low humidity as well as high.

dman1234-
Thanks for that tidbit. Yikes! How does it get started? Where does it come from?
I see what I need for next grow- the Eagle20 .... checked one place - they want 243.00 to send it!!! too funny.

I checked mine this morning after spraying them last night with a combination of milk and H2O2. I couldn't see any PM anywhere but one little spot on a leaf that I missed. :woohoo:

I think PM of different strains is indiginous to just about every place on the planet :eek: I am sure I picked mine up from walking across the yard and out into the cut-over and weeds to dump waste water and such, then going back into the grow with spores on my shoes and pants. Then when the conditions got right it found a new home :hairpull:

I am just glad that I have it under control as this is going to be a bumper crop :) This is why I like hydro:

If you look close in the center of the first pic, I set a 1liter bottle of PH adjuster on the tote for size comparrison :)

tentbbp10-5.JPG

tentbbp10-5a.JPG

tentbbp10-5b.JPG

Looking great HP! Awesome about the controlling the pm. I'd still keep a close eye!

Thanks :) I chjecked them this morning and found very little of the PM. I'm gonna spray them again in a day or 2 to eliminate anymore from showing up. I know I shouldn't spray anything on the buds as bud rot can happen but I figure with the fans going that the moisture should dry off and the treatment should prevent any fungus from growing. Besides, if I don't get the PM stopped I would lose the buds anyway. Buut so far we're good :)

Check out the buds growing on the leaves. this is why I love this BBP :D

tentbbp10-6.JPG

tentbbp10-6a.JPG

Rosebud said:
Nothing that has mold on it should be ingested. I like you to much to let you smoke mold. It can kill ya. Do you have a black light to make sure you can cut off all of it?

I am trimming, and there is a puff of white powder mold that whisps into the air when I break the bud off the branch to trim. There is evidence that this is powder mold, although the bud does not seem to be affected. Any idea what I should do?

I also posted a thread in Plant Problems regarding this problem of mine in greater length. Any help would be appreciated - I am a medical patient for asthma, and I have half my crop waiting for me to do something with it, but I need to figure out if it is contaminated, and what I could do if it is.

Thank you!

Without seeing it for myself, its hard to say if it is PM or some other type of fungus. It is hard to tell sometimes anyway. If you are in doubt, given your asthma issues, I would take it all and make hash oil from it. I wouldn't even make bubble with it.

4u2sm0ke said:
:ciao: ston

ISO is about the only thing ya can do with PM buds....as for Harvesting...If the trichs are in the window I would start the Harvest..esspecially if the PM is spreading faster than I would take that plant cause the PM will continue while hanging..and from what Ive had when the mold starts comeing more more...ya cant stop nor slow it down...Best of Luck my friend

:48:

What about the argument that the alcohol, yes, kills the spores, but also absorbes the toxins which are in your end product? This would be great to clear up, with some kind of lab evidence or testing. I'm sure it'll look, smoke and feel just fine, but... What's really in it? Doing some tough reseach before I decide what to do with a whole crop of lightly-dusted powder mildewed buds. I have my medical card for asthma, so no risks can be taken, and I don't want bad product to end up in other patient's hands...

Hushpuppy said:
Without seeing it for myself, its hard to say if it is PM or some other type of fungus. It is hard to tell sometimes anyway. If you are in doubt, given your asthma issues, I would take it all and make hash oil from it. I wouldn't even make bubble with it.

Thanks for answering! I've been racking my brain trying to figure this out. Are you talking about BHO, ISO, or glycerine? I'm familiar with all thses, process, but also am aware of both sides of arguments...

The alcohol is said to kill the spores, and leave you with clean hash oil... But it is also said to absorb the toxins as well, leaving your end product contaminated. Same goes with Butane.

Supposedly you can cook with it? But I've also read that injesting spores is WORSE than smoking it...

Can you clear anything up?

Latest posts

Back