PM, powdery mildew question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ston-loc

Reaction score
Started here and there, but has now hit two of my plants pretty hard. Trying to hold out as long as possible. Guessing about two more weeks on them. Plan to trim off what I can, but a lot of the lower stuff has fully hit the buds. Now the question. Is that just all compost pile junk? Or is it still good for bubble hash?

Nothing that has mold on it should be ingested. I like you to much to let you smoke mold. It can kill ya. Do you have a black light to make sure you can cut off all of it?

Yeah Rose, thanks! I actually got a black light flashlight and have been doing nightly inspections and treatment. It just really hit mainly the Beyond the Brain bad. Some here and there on the Satoris. One more than others. Plan to scrap anything with it on it. Just wondering if it is still good for hash? If not it's just getting trashed. Sucks too cause its gonna be a lot :( Still gonna be fine with pleeeeeennnnnntttyyyyyyy of smoke. Just wondering about this stuff. Thanks :D

You could make ISO oil with it. The alcohol will kill the spores. I'm pretty sure butane would to but check it out to be sure.

Hmm, this is only my second grow and never tied that. Guess its time for some DIY reading lessons.

New question/poll. Would you rather lesson your yeild holding out for the buds to finish and lose more to PM, or have more herb that wasn't quite done? This is what's going on in my head right now. Hit hard over the last week. Wondering how bad it could get letting it go two more weeks.

:ciao: ston

ISO is about the only thing ya can do with PM buds....as for Harvesting...If the trichs are in the window I would start the Harvest..esspecially if the PM is spreading faster than I would take that plant cause the PM will continue while hanging..and from what Ive had when the mold starts comeing more more...ya cant stop nor slow it down...Best of Luck my friend

:48:

Spray all gals before budding with Eagle 20/saturator mix and you'll not see PM for the rest of the grow! Sorry to see this happen, good luck and be safe!

Roddy said:
Spray all gals before budding with Eagle 20/saturator mix and you'll not see PM for the rest of the grow! Sorry to see this happen, good luck and be safe!

Next year ill be doing this for sure! This year its been very dry, and i havent had to deal with it yet. Caterpillars are another thing all together. Ive probably lost a half ounce so far to the little buggers! :eek:

potassium bicarbonate. or as mentioned start harvest.. Roddy is righ invest in a bottle of Eagle20 and treat , starts , clones and you will never deal with PM again.. IMO you are to late into flower to use eagle20. i believe eagle20 takes 21 days are so to get out of the plants system.

if the trichs are mostly cloudy id go ahead and start harvesting.. you could also hand wipe leaves with milk and garlic.. to keep it at bay... best of luck

:48: :ciao:

Right, no using during budding, I believe I was told. (THANKS HAL) Don't forget the saturator (Dutch Master...foliar delivery spray aka wetting agent or applicator spray).

I found that I didn't have enough air movement with too many branches (I usually have forests), removing the bottoms (lollipop) and more fans for circulation helped better the environment and I'm not using the eagle 20 at this point.

It must be the season for Powdery mildew. I just found a couple of spots of it on my BBP today. I have been having a moisture problem and hopefully got it fixed today. Also turned up the exaust fan and put a dessicant pack in the tent with the girls. I have 3 weeks till harvest. Should I use milk on them? What does PM look like under blacklight?

The leaves will look purplish red from the light, but the pm will look whitish almost glowing looking.

Thanks Bro, I am going to have to do something drastic as I found this morning that it is spreading across my plants. I haven't seen it on the buds yet but I know its only a matter of time. I still have at least 2 weeks before harvest. I have been trying to lower the humidity but haven't stopped the PM from showing up on new leaves (so far just the fan leaves as best I can tell). I sprayed them today with hydrogen peroxide solution as I read that it kills PM on contact. I am just hoping that I don't cause bud rot from spraying them too, even though I tried to not spray them directly. This will be a really nice harvest if the PM doesn't ruin it for me. :angrywife:

HP-
It must be the season for Powdery mildew.

Must be, I had to break out the sulfer burner this run. I did my last burn a few days ago. I will have my fingers crossed for the next 4 weeks.

I just checked my plants this evening and the H2O2 spray worked quite well as the mildew was only visible on a couple leaves. :farm: I added 2% milk to the spray and sprayed them again about an hour ago. I have a good fan blowing on everyone and the exaust blower is going wide open so it should dry quick enough to prevent any other problems(hopefully) :eek:

Powder mildew death mojo for all who struggle this evening :hitchair:

Right on HP. KEEP A CLOSE EYE!!!!! I'm still using the H2O2 spray twice a day. It seems like some get immune to it. I've been doing it for probably a month now. The one plant is down, got some out of it, but literally lost an easy pound :( Now the others are showing a little here and there. Not buds yet, just leaves. As of yesterday I started hardcore spray then snip those leaves off. Just trying to make it a couple more weeks. Trying to deal with it OD is a different animal. Wish I could manage my back yard environment, haha. Good luck dude. Working hard over here and fingers crossed fighting this crap.

Can someone post a picture of what this looks like?
How do you get PM?
Seems to be spreading itself almost as diligently as the borg.

This is exactly what it looks like when it gets going:

It is a fungus whose spores seem to be more active when it gets real humid outside. We have had a lot of rain here lately and my grow is very susceptible to the humidity of outside because I draw air in hard.

I have not had a problem with this before now but I had a water leak in my hydro system in my tent that took me several days to fix. I noticed the mildew starting right after I fixed the water issue. :eek:

marijuana-powdery-mildew-1.jpg

Yup... Weird thing here, with my OD grow,,, IT HASNT RAINED MORE THAN A LIGHT SPRINKLE ONCE LIKE 2 MONTHS AGO!!! Makes no sense to me. Def strains are more suseptable and pheno too even!

You guys are the best. Thanks.
Luckily my humidity has dropped - tent is between 45-55%.
Still a nervous nellie this close to fruition.
Appreciate the photo Hushpuppy.

Latest posts

Back