Portable air conditioners?Anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hydrochloride

Reaction score
I am looking to keep my room temps low when summer hits full force. I have looked at some protable air conditioners that have an exhaust hose that can redirect the exhaust, I would love to hear is someone else has gone with this set=up , or another..thanks

I got two 5000 btu portable AC at home depot for $80 each, I just sit them on the floor inside the growroom since you cant redirect the cold air, but they work well in conjunction with my dehumidifier and environmental controller, and are a good deal, others at home depot were $200+

I have one as well. Instead of venting the exhaust through the window, you can get a ceiling mount exhaust to exhaust the exhaust to the attic. I',m exhausted from saying exhaust. It will keep others from knowing that you grow & I was getting odor from my grow outside as well.

I have a summpton 13,000 BTU for a 11x11 room. Way overkill, but it doesn't have to run constently.
The AC has an auto on from a powerr failure, so, I keep it on a Temp controller and my room temps stay wherever I want.
Works GREAT! But be prepared for a higher electrical bill.

yes as Norcal says those can us up to 2500 watts to run..but minimum 700watts ( i think) good luck..take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

does anyone know if home depot still sells that portable AC unit for only $80?

This is the cheapest one I could find on their site.

hXXp://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100619178&N=10000003+90401+503405

:peace:

that one is a window unit =( and so doesn't really work if you're in a windowless room.

Chech out Sam's Club They had a fairly low cost model last year!
Not a window mod I almost bought one, probly wish I had this season

i will get a portable A/C my summer hits sometimes 45c degrees :S

i hope this summer be easy on us

Compact Appliance is an online store where I got mine. It's an 8000BTU and pulls about 800watts. It vents the coil fan air outside so it does give me some exhaust help. I've got it in a 4.5'x8' room and it works fine. It will even work with a timer--all of them won't as some appliances require pushing a start button if the power is interupted. This one does not require that. Was maybe $220-260 with shipping. Wish I'd seen this thread earlier and could have been more help maybe.

Latest posts

Back