Pot size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSwest

Reaction score
I know root bound plants have stunted growth. To avoid this problem what size of pots do you guys use from seedlings to flowering. I know 5 gallon buckets are best, just don't have that much room, 4sqft.

I've searched but found nothing, kinda feel dumb for asking but I don't want to burn out any young plants. How much do you water, from seedlings to flowering, whats the amount. I have my ferts, but whats the amount per watering, and is that everyday? Thanks

There is nothing set in stone when it comes to growing. That said, I will let you know my sizes. From seed to week 2-3 I keep them in 16 oz cups. After that, they go into one gallon grow bags. That is it! ;)

My plastic pot is 14" wide and 14" tall, outdoors. The pot is FULL of roots now that it's full grown, but it's very healthy and grew to the full size I was expecting; 36" for AK48. Next spring I may use a larger pot.

I used potting soil, mushroom compost, and peat, all from Lowes. I put 1/2 gallon of Miracle Grow on it every 2 or 3 weeks. It's 10-10-10, but some folks here will have different advice. Outside in 100° heat, I water every other day; less if it's cloudy or cooler. If the soil feels cool and damp when I stick my finger as deep into it as I can, then I wait a little longer to water. Remember, it is a weed, and can rough it pretty well.

Water the soil before applying fertilizer, and a little more often for a few days afterwards since it will be using more to put on new growth that the fert will spur, and to prevent burning it. Just don't get carried away. When in doubt, I have let mine dry up till the plant began to wilt, and then started watering again, a little more conservatively. Then I had a better idea how much it needed.

Good luck

Here are a couple of pictures of my plant:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=143585&postcount=1

:eek: Edit: Sorry, I mistakenly posted an outdoor growing answer in the indoor forum.

I start mine out in 4 in pots and the end of two weeks.I transplant them strat into 5 gallon pots,and thats when I will start there nutes also.Keep it GREEN:hubba:

DLtoker said:
There is nothing set in stone when it comes to growing. That said, I will let you know my sizes. From seed to week 2-3 I keep them in 16 oz cups. After that, they go into one gallon grow bags. That is it! ;)

this is similar to what i will do...ill go from 2.5 inch square pots to 6 quart pots for seedlings and clones.

I'm using 5 Gallon black nursery poly cans $2.29 ea. These 4 Indica, 40" tall and 4 Sativa 60- 68" tall are 7 weeks old to day, went to 12/12 about a week ago

plants 001.jpg

plants 002.jpg

plants 003.jpg

Latest posts

Back