potential heat issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok right now i have 1- 400 hps running....its 90 degrees. im ganna crack the the door in a minute to replicate a passive intake and see what happens......my light is about 1.5 foot from where the canopy would be...

Is your thermometer in direct light or in a shaded area. The radiant energy in my cabinet throws off the thermometer reading by quite a bit.

screwdriver said:
Is your thermometer in direct light or in a shaded area. The radiant energy in my cabinet throws off the thermometer reading by quite a bit.
my thermometer is in direct light....right where the plants tops would be. is this not where to take temps from?

with my thermometer, the radiant energy heats the plastic case which thermo reads as too high. If I place it under a shelf at the same level it reads much much cooler. Either way I really look at the plant to see if it is too hot. With my cooltube setup I'm not getting those high temps anymore.

loolagigi said:
my thermometer is in direct light....right where the plants tops would be. is this not where to take temps from?

get yourself a digital therm.. one that takes inside and outside temps..
put your therm of to the side mid height of your room/box... put the outside wire where your tops should be.. this way you can reed your room and under your lights...

as for IR heat/light theres not much you can do about it other then raise your lights some..
LH

loolagigi said:
whats ir heat?

IR heat is infared heat.. we cant help ip/change it.. but yet learn to deal with it sir.. thats why we aclimate our plants to the HID lighting...
LH

LEFTHAND said:
IR heat is ifared heat.. we cant help ip/change it.. but yet learn to deal with it sir.. thats why we aclimate our plants to the HID lighting...
LH
infared? ifared dosnt come up on google.

loolagigi said:
infared? ifared dosnt come up on google.

yupperz sorry type-O... lol was never the greatest at spelling lol..
LH

Latest posts

Back