pots or in ground?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noodlemasterr88

Reaction score
should i plant the 1 ft seedlings i have in pots or in the ground? which is better for the plant? where i plat to put it in the ground is a thick florida forest. but i was wondering if pots would be better?

If you sorta combined both, Large container placed in the ground, with real good drainage, and used your own potting mix. Then you can have it your way all around. Natural light can never really be beat, but outdoor soil is a crapshoot that one can never really be 100% on. Someone dumped something there years ago, all evidence is gone, but the plant picks up the nasty's that would still be in the soil, get it ?
Just my two cents friend, send us some pics, we love to be entertained.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

noodlemasterr88 said:
where i plat to put it in the ground is a thick florida forest.

I can relate to that. I can tell you that the critters here in Fla love pot.

You'll need to do something to keep the 10,000 species that eat pot plants from chowing down.

One dose of zoo pee lasts an entire year.

I used to take two 5 gallon buckets to the zoo and the lion guy would fill em with lion **** for me. I made tea from it and poured it around my garden. It works better than anything I ever used. Dogs wouldn't even come in my yard. I quit doing it because a friend asked me if it might attract other big cats like the Fla panther. After thinking it over, I decided I didn't want to risk ever meeting one face to face, so I quit doing that.

Made the neighborhood dogs bark like hell tho'.

Yes, I'm serious.

If you take a half bucket of dog crap, fill it with water, let it sit for a week and then you pour it in a big circle around your plants. That should work.

Don't get it too close. It's high nitrogen and will burn hell out of your plants.

and wow dude, thanks for helping me out. i actually just had a problem today with that, something dug up my new sprouts. but the other bigger plants werent botherd. will my piss work?

well i would have to go with ground if u can. if not, pots. definitly. all depending on what size ur trying to get out of the plants.(tall=big pot. short=smaller pot). u don't have to sink it in the ground unless ur trying to be more stealthy about it. but then again some perfer above ground for easy movement when needed. and not that we need to know but one thing u should think about is how far away. where exactly ur putting them.NO ONE MUST KNOW, AND MOST IMPORTANT NO ONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND THEM.

pots are usually better just becuz if you go about it the right way and use some good organic soil with nutes and fertz up the yang already. i reccommend Fox Farm oceanic forest. with a lil extra.....(baked outta my gord) i can't think of whats its called for the life of me. but there pretty much little rocks. to break up absorbtion a lil bit. all depending on ur local temps, humidity, etc. weather in general. i had one person tell me not to use a specific 3 gal black pot cuz they would tip over and hold to much moisture. i don't think its the pots that were holding too much water though. it might not help but it doesn't hurt that much.and as far as tipping over. i don't think so check out my journal

7/25/07 outdoor grow

good luck with your grow

Fire it up

KT

noodlemasterr88 said:
and wow dude, thanks for helping me out. i actually just had a problem today with that, something dug up my new sprouts. but the other bigger plants werent botherd. will my piss work?

What? You don't like the zoo, or what?

hehe

alright thanks dude, hahaha. you sound so stoned. but nah, the zoo is so far away from my house. so that wont work. but i dont have pots so ill just plant it in the ground, from what you say its not that bad in the ground. thanks!

why not dig a hole the size or a lil biger than the pots and fill the with all sorts of good soil the put the plant in that , amend the soil with the best top soil you can find but be sure the ph is correct, digging the hole i have also noticed that thier is a lot larger area arouind the base of the plant that is less compact than it would be ( depening on the size) and the roots love it a 2 by 2 by 2 hole is a nice start if the soil around is sutiable for the plant. hope this helps

omen you must be growing them oak tree hybrids 2x2x2 lol :giggle: just teasing , that is way plenty big , to answer your question noodle really depends if you feel you may have to move them or not , if you go with pots make sure you use good potting soil so as to drain well, and you will need at least a 5 gallon pot or biggerand acess to a water supply for you will have to water more often in pots hope this helps .......:D :D :D :D

inground or solid white bucket. The sun can and will heat a black bucket up and could possibly harm the root system. Just thought I'd toss that out here. Good growing dude.

Latest posts

Back