Pre flowers and how often do you get them

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwIsTeD-SmOkEr

Reaction score
So im a couple of years into growing now but one thing my plants never did and are starting to do it now and thats show pre flowers. Previously i havent gotten any pre flowers before at all until i buy this ak48 from nirvana and 8 out of 16 are showing female pre flowers (all feminized btw) now do they only show on fems ? as nearly all my pre flowers on my baby's are showing female traits, Gotta keep a watchful eye on the male sacs :hubba: but i havent seen any, YET!
So my question is how often do u get pre flowers and have they been on all the fems or have u had some male pre flowers ?

I could be wrong - but I believe that all plants will show pre-flowers if you let them veg long enough. I have gotten pre-flowers on all my strains usually between 6 and 8 weeks. And yes - males show pre-flowers as well.

MickFoster said:
I could be wrong - but I believe that all plants will show pre-flowers if you let them veg long enough. I have gotten pre-flowers on all my strains usually between 6 and 8 weeks. And yes - males show pre-flowers as well.

cool nice info there thanks and yeah it stands to reason since i thought i would veg my plants longer as the reason being that i heard, the longer you veg the more the taste comes out in the strain, basic biologiy i guess but i missed my last 2 years off school :(

TwIsTeD-SmOkEr said:
So im a couple of years into growing now but one thing my plants never did and are starting to do it now and thats show pre flowers. Previously i havent gotten any pre flowers before at all until i buy this ak48 from nirvana and 8 out of 16 are showing female pre flowers (all feminized btw) now do they only show on fems ? as nearly all my pre flowers on my baby's are showing female traits, Gotta keep a watchful eye on the male sacs :hubba: but i havent seen any, YET!
So my question is how often do u get pre flowers and have they been on all the fems or have u had some male pre flowers ?

I read that twice. You are seeing preflowers because your seeds are "femininzed". I have no idea where you are growing, but if you are inside, and sending your girls into flower when they are very young, that may be the reason you havent seen them before. Males will also preflower, tho with out the pistle (hair). I am sure there are pics around on the Sticky's somewhere here.
Good luck to you.
Good luck

Latest posts

Back