Prepping for outdoor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Bud. That means a lot....

Sounds like you had a fun time. Love the GSC.

Okay, forget the the fly, I love the mantis results so much I just couldn't change..found a new supplier, shipped today....pic is from supplier....not my hand...

View attachment image.jpg

Bud won't you have a lot of light deprived buds under the conopy or do you have a solution in mind?

I've gone under and trimmed off most of the limbs that were on the bottoms...my trunks are bare the first 2-3ft up..kind of a "lolly popping'' look..and what's remaining I'll use for concentrates...wax & bubble hash..

I just watered today(a good bat guano feeding)...once soil drys a bit(by tomorrow)I'll post pics to give you a look...

Have you put one out this late in the season before and had success? From what I read the "nest" is dormant if kept cool, and the warm spring weather triggers it to hatch. I put one out two seasons ago and didn't get any. Had it in a paper bag to confirm the hatching, and got nothing. Looked for them early this year and the nursery didn't have any.

Have you put one out this late in the season before and had success? From what I read the "nest" is dormant if kept cool, and the warm spring weather triggers it to hatch. I put one out two seasons ago and didn't get any. Had it in a paper bag to confirm the hatching, and got nothing. Looked for them early this year and the nursery didn't have any.

You did something wrong, I hatch my nest in a controlled indoor environment. Not outside in a bag...it's not what you do but how you do it...

You did something wrong, I hatch my nest in a controlled indoor environment. Not outside in a bag...it's not what you do but how you do it...

Hmm, I guess so. Instructions it came with didn't say it needed anything specific.

Great thing about the mantis is..MANTIS FIGHT NIGHT..HERES A PIC OF MY CHamp from last year ripping and eating the head off an opponent...lots of $$ made that night!

View attachment image.jpg

80' day and night is the trick....that's why in nature their time is june & July. The hottest months...normally...cold night temps won't allow the incubation process to happen...

So that is the biggest trunk i have ever seen. Friday night fights are way to graphic for me... awe nature. Looking great. Pic 102 looks like a jungle.

Latest posts

Back