pruning in flower?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

city

Reaction score
Ok I read a thread about pruning during flower so now I got a question.
I want to trim the flowers from the bottom of my girls so it will focus more to the big buds. So what I read was that if you trim off just the little buds that the plant doesn't use to much enrgy repairing itself and will focus back on the big buds

Is this correct?

banjobuzz said:
are you serious city? come on...bb...

Yes I'm serious. I have a whole bunch of new growth and little buds growing at the bottom. And I feel that my big buds have stopped. I'm in week 7 with only milky tricks and a bunch of new growth.
So yes I'm serious

is this the urkle x ak47 city? if so let her go. i wouldnt cut anything off. never. never. never.
how long has she been showing cloudy? are they all cloudy? you may have another month to go there city. in that time, you could make her herm if you go stressing her at this point.

i would'nt do it. i never trim. ( maybe if it was a scrog) then, big maybe...bb...

now BB has a point also city seeign as ur so far in to flowering i wouldnt mess with it like he said.Wouldnt wanna take the risk of hermieing it.JMO;) And to see if it truly works i would take 2 clones from same plant and once u start flower do the tirm job on one and not the other and see how it works for urself.

ok. after looking at the thread flaboy put up, i still stick to my answer.
and this is because, the way your plants are growing. it doesnt look like thier that dense at the bottom to be trimming on at all.

your call city.

look at his plants before you suggest he trim though...bb...

"look at his plants before you suggest he trim though...bb..."

umm never told him to trim just said he was correct with what he asked in first post and then showed a link to a thread talking bout the subject and even agreed with u not to lol but ok sry city:confused:

I always trim mine whenever I think they need a haircut. Especially the lower stuff. Ive never had them hermie from removing lower new growth. Actually seems like they thrive more when they get a nice clean haircut.

Use a razor blade and do clean slices, Dont use pruners or scissors cause they pinch before cutting.

This is my opinion.

Thank you all. I'm just concerned about how long its taken to flower. They are just starting to turn milky at week 7. In this last week they have just bursted out on the underside and growth up top has slowed.
Strangly ino purple showing at all and I know the cross and the guy who crossed them. And I got the seeds out of PU buds...
Don't get me wrong,these girls are gorgeous and I'm hoping for a good 3 ounces but I don't make hash or know anyone that does so it won't do me anygood to have these little buds growing. Its like having fluff growing under my plants.
Just figuring out my options

another option city, is to get some supplemental , side lighting. some cfls' will work for you even.

this is a 50/50 split with all growers going either way. so really , its your call man.

ok. now on to the good stuff. wheres them pics man?;) :D :cool: ...bb...

mendo local said:
Use a razor blade and do clean slices, Dont use pruners or scissors cause they pinch before cutting.

This is my opinion.
not if you got a good quality pair thats sharp

Definately good to do a bit of pruning if you do not have the supplemental lighting on the side. I SCROG, and in the 7th or 8th week of flower. I pinch all the flower growth below the screen and though at this point it is few and far between, every once in awhile I'll catch a small one popping up.

That's what I did.went threw every couple of days now and have been pinching the little buds. Plant is starting to fatten up a little at the top again

Latest posts

Back