pruning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaserKittensGoPewPew

2 string maestro
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

A friend of mine had mentioned to me how to prune the plants so that they would grow multiple stems for buds to develope on. Not quite sure if I'm understand correctly, but if so I was wondering how to do this.

Thank's

There are many methods of increasing and encouraging multiple colas. Topping is what i am guessing "your friend" is referring to and al you do is just pinch off the very top of the plant at the newest growth right at the node.. the plant will split into two main growing stems or more..

There are many other methods too just look up training methods.

I'm pretty sure this is what he was saying. Not sure what you mean by pinching. If anyone has pictures of how to do this it would be greatly appreciated.

edit: Alright did some digging and found what I'm looking for mostly. I just wanted to make sure I have this down right so I drew a little picture.

So, I cut the 2 center leaves and leave something like 1/4 of it remaing? And I don't cut the two smaller leaves on the sides correct? Right now I have my 5th node growing in so I was going to go ahead and do this when the 6th starts to come in. I'm still uncertain about pinching it? I was just going to use a toe nail clipper. Any thoughts?

FIMing.bmp.jpg

Here ya go. To make a long story short all ya wanna do is cut off the top two leaves along with a bit of the stem.

ccltp090.jpg

make sure your clipping tool's are steril, dip in alchol.

1luvforbud said:
make sure your clipping tool's are steril, dip in alchol.
Thank you 1LFB i forgot to mention that. Good heads up mang. ;)

maybe he`s talking about the fim method?:2940th_rasta:

so should I take out the center leaf entirely with some of the stem or leave that 1/4 piece? Thank's for everyone's help so far.

Just take your plant in hand and cut the top of it off. More than likely you will have to cut two sets of leaves and the stem when doing this because the first set are so small. See the pic i posted just make your plant look like that. ;)

Alright I'll give it a go and see how it turns out when they grow in a little more.

By the way, I was looking at it today and I noticed some small things on the stem. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I'm looking at. Are they just new leaves or something like that?

yep..laser, "secondary growth"..new leaves/stems emerging.

I use nail clippers and they seem to work really well...just my $.02

Ok, well the 5th node is getting bigger and the 6th is starting to form. I just wanted to make sure I'm going to be cutting the right thing. Is that red line the spot to do it? I found some surgical scissors so I'll be able to get in there and make a very precise cut instead of using the clumsy nail clippers. I just want to make sure that red line is where I want to snip.

grow44.JPG

This is what happens when done just that, except I did it on accident.:eek:

lowryder 102.jpg

lowryder 133.jpg

lowryder 145.jpg

Very cool, that's what I'm hoping mine will do. I just cut so I'll have to wait and see over the next week.

edit: here's some pics...hope I did this clean enough. I cleaned my scissors with 99% alcohol before doing this.

grow45.JPG

grow46.JPG

yea i used to do that but sometimes the next set of leaves would come out strange ... maybe i was just being dumb and not cutting right

like the tips of the leaves wouldnt be there but then the next set of leaves would come out fine ... it ended up working well . just look wierd for a bit.

Latest posts

Back