purchasing out of state question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astrobee

Reaction score
I don't think I'd have too much of a problem convincing a doctor to write me a prescription, I suffer from migraines and have IBS but the state I live in (wisconsin) doesn't have med. marijuana laws yet.
Any suggestions on how I could purchase some from another state? Would I have to get a prescription from a wisconsin doctor ?
Can any be purchased through the mail? Sorry if my questions sounds noobish, I am new here and don't know much on how the law works. I think Michigan and Colorado are probably the closest states to me. Thanks in advance for any answers.

Welcome.
And it sounds like you got a heaping pile of being SOL stacked up.... Like nearly everyone else outside Wash/Col here.

Purchase from another state? If youre driving to get it, its at your own risk.
Can a Wis doc perscribe it? No.
Get through mail? How lucky you feelin? I personally dont think its worth trying.

Want it. This is a DIY forum on how. Safest option a majority here got. So its what we do. And we love doin.

dosnt sound safe..I Live in Washington and cant carry it to another state even Colo...or Cali..obes states med card isnt valid in another state..even if medical...Best to find ya someone around you and purchase blackmarket:aok:

:48:

Oregon is the only state I know of that allows doctors to write prescriptions for people from other states. But like already mentioned, driving with it can be dangerous. It is known that Idaho State Troopers wait just over the the state line to try and catch people coming over the state line with cannabis.

You would be safer to just buy some seeds online and if just for yourself just grow some Auto Flowering plants and I mean 2-3 at a time and you will be better off. I live in a state now after moving from Washington last year that does not allow it. So I started growing it for my wife.

Thank you everyone for your replies. Unfortunately, growing is not an option. I will have to continue to pursue this like I have, through the dreaded black market. I am not new to smoking, do it mostly on weekends, been doing it for 20 years. Probably couldn't live without it really.

The Mrs. and I are not on the same page about this...she knows it's happening but it's a don't ask don't tell agreement we have. She'd freak if she saw a plant in the basement.

The problem is, my sources have dried up. That's what brought me here. I need some kind of relief on weekends from the rat race and if it's not coming from our green friend, it would probably come from more harmful sources like booze or prescriptions. Both of those avenues are harmful and dead ends.

I'm tempted to drive to our inner city and sit in a walgreen's parking lot but that is too risky. Kind of bummin' now.

A place like Nirvana is a great place to get them and really good price.

Astrobee, take these people's advise , it would b in ur best interest to grow.. these people know what they r talkin about

lovbnstoned :cool: :icon_smile:
ol stoner

Have you heard of a stealth grow?
Hide that ****. and lock it..

What she don't know won't hurt her....

Get some cfl's from the store and start growing. even if its just bag seed.
Get a can of Ona.. Eats the odor.. dosent just cover it up

Chances are even if you are found with one or two plants regardless of legality they aren't gonna make a big fuss.

Good luck.

I didn't know that ya could seeds from Nirava , could I thought they wouldn't send to the states. I go thro Attitude seeds myself

lovbnstoned :cool: :icon_smile:
ol stoner

I know all about the wife thing. Its best to keep the peace. Wait till its legal or move. Just a few more years and it'll be legal anyhow. :)

BotanicMike said:
Have you heard of a stealth grow?
Hide that ****. and lock it..

What she don't know won't hurt her....

Get some cfl's from the store and start growing. even if its just bag seed.
Get a can of Ona.. Eats the odor.. dosent just cover it up

Chances are even if you are found with one or two plants regardless of legality they aren't gonna make a big fuss.

Good luck.

What she doesn't know CAN hurt her. It is simply wrong and unfair to grow and not tell others living in the house. If busted, everyone there would be looking at the same charges, regardless of whether they knew or not. I am sorry that astrobee has an unenlightened spouse, but he does. Unless she relents, he is making the right decision to not do something his wife is so against, especially considering the consequences if caught. Besides, it is virtually impossible to grow in a house and keep it secret from others in the home.

If nobody was willing to take chances and stand up for themselves to create a place where we can make a difference not only for ourselves but for the greater good... where would we be? Not in America that's for sure.

Now if we have to go out on the streets to get sub-standard quality meds, stand on our tippy toes and do whatever "The Man" wants us to do, would we have:

The right to vote?
Equal rights?
Women rights?
The right to bear arms?

I could make a list that goes on for days..

Weather he grows a small plant for personal...or sneaks out of the house to smoke.. He is still going behind his wife's back regardless. You don't have to grow in the house.. Go on a hike a stick one outside.. here and there.. If one survives Great.

No matter what he does it's not gonna be totally legal.. Wasn't legal in the U.S. before the 90's anyways for any of us.. A select few said who cares we want quality meds.. Did what they wanted and now look at us.. Moving forward.

Astrobee- Mi is not too far from you.. They have a great medical program.. Except out of state cards in all their shops. Just about any doctor in a legal state would write you a rec. Was their visiting last year used my rec.. picked up some personal.. and then Road trip to Florida to help some family move. When I ran out just flew home. I would rather pick up in a medical state and just carry enough to be considered as personal and no more. I would just say that I'm a medical patient and don't want to support the local black market while traveling.

Best of luck in finding Good Meds..

Life is Too Short to Smoke Cheap Pot!!
YOLO!!

You are advocating something that could tear their marriage apart. And, sorry, but civil disobedience is far different than putting your wife's freedom in jeopardy. It is simply wrong for someone to grow in a home shared by others without their knowledge and consent.

And just so you know, I am an old hippie who did my share of protesting-- against the war, for women's rights, for civil rights...I could go on like that for days. My freedoms do not extend to the possibility of denying others theirs.

Latest posts

Back