Purple Maxx in a DWC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reality

Reaction score
Hello,

I picked up a small sample of Purple Maxx today. I have read online that PM shouldnt be used with an aerator and Im running a dwc. I was concerned but the local hydro shop person kind of convinced me that it would be ok, saying sometimes those things are overstated and she reminded me of the quality of humbolt county products.

As of now I am planning to add the PM a day or two before I change my res.
Is that the best or only way to do it? Are the warnings for PMs use in dwc's legit?

If anyone has experience with this out there I would appreciate your opinion.

Thanks in Advance,

Reality

I'm also curious about this. This is my first time growing and using purple maxx. I started adding it just a couple of days before changing water like the bottle says. But I have a nute chart/schedule from the hydro shop and it said to use PM the last week @ tsp. a gal. and doesn't say anything about NOT using an aerator. so that's where I am at right now. I don't know how you would tell if the bacteria is getting out of hand. My top leaves are getting droopy/curling down but that may be another problem..heat, roots, too much co2 or something...

I'd guess any mj strain would work in dwc.
haven't done the PM before though.
just now halfway through my first run with dwc, strain is unknown, but it's blow'n my mind!!
personally, I'd just go for it and see what happens. do you really wana change your setup to accommodate a particular strain?

go for it
maybe its just a sensutive strian
go super super easy on nutes

lol i realized that about an hour later :confused2:
but i think my advice is still valid
go very easy on dosage
your plant will tell you quickly if its hurting her

Latest posts

Back