Purple Urkel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which of the two do you recommend for all stages of growing, Metal Hallide or High Pressure Sodium, my friend says metal hallide.

Metal halide for veg. Hps for flower. Metal halide has more blue light and Hps has more red spectrum............................But if you could use both that is the best......................;)

I'm looking to buy a lighting system to replace my compact fluro and I need to decide on either hps or mh. The place where I'm buying this from offers a deal that when you buy a 400 hps system you can upgrade and get an mh bulb for $40, so you get both bulbs. Will having both bulbs make a significant difference in the plant?

I would go ahead with the purchase w/ the upgrade. Use the mh bulb during your vegative cycle then switch over to the hps during your flower cycle. It's what the plant will like best..................................;)

If you are gonna be stuck with one, HPS is the one you want. MH is better for veg but will not do nearly as well for flower. HPS does well for both.

http://www.photos.yahoo.com/villa029 can anyone give me an estimate age of my plant. The picture diary at: photos.yahoo.com/villa029 is correct. I'm curious to know its age. Also, is there a schedule of some sort that list the things/techniques I should do for my plant. Like trim leaves monthly or sprog things of that nature.

Villa029. I'm in the same position. I rent and I cant have huge HPS or any other device that would look suspicious and I have one plant too. I have it under three cfl's 2x23W and 1 40W. For flowering I'll get grow box and double on CFL's and see. Some people said its possible to grow some BUDS and get high and if it won't work than F@#! it. Bud I love my plant

Flouros will work... If you have a good saturation of light on those bud sites the plant and buds will love you.

Just food for thought for the flo growers that won't use a HID.
3 CFL's @ a total of 86watts approx. 6000 lumens. Not much penetration.
For 36 bucks + s/h @ e-conolight.com you can get a 70 watt HPS flood.
That produces 6400 lumens and a lot more canopy penetration.
So for 15W less you get more. IMHO.

Hey Mutt,
I completely understand the HPS way of lights. In my case I live in one-bedroom appartment and CFL's are more stealthier. I have one plant. I looked at the site you suggested. The only thing is that with this light I need good ventilation (bigger fan) to cool it down and it needs to be higher from the plant then the CFL (more room). If I had a house I would definetely go with HPS but now it is impossible for me and I love to grow. If someone has a small grow box with HPS in it I would like to see some pics. Heck I will go to my local grow store and see how big they are and noisy and hot they got.

no drugs just weed

hey man whatever you do you should get a fan blowing on that baby! also think about going to home depo" and be creative. theres all sorts of light fixtures. get a book on basic lighting, make a couple of light sources and for under 30 bucks youll be good or a couple of months. schrounge and be cheep...SAFTY FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ps dont forget the FAN.

I already ordered an 400w hps ballas w/ bulb and added a mh bulb that can be used w/ the same ballast. great deal. my concern now is that it's too much wattage and it getting too hot. is it possible to use a 150w hps light on my 400w ballast?

It's in a closet. If I want ventilation I need to crack the door. Question: do I want to blow air created by a fan blowing towards the plant or away from the plant? I'm afraid to burn it. I'll wait to see how its affected by the light. Maximum distance that the light can be hung from the plants' top is about three feet. That's at about 6 inches tall, when it grows it grow closer to the light.

Latest posts

Back