Advertise On Marijuana Passion

PVC PIPE Dangers

CaLiO

Reaction score
I have always stayed away from pvc pipe in my grow area do to intially reading about the issues with poisonous gas being released which can be harmful to plants. I have googled as much info. on the topic as I can and have seen many greenhouses constructed with pvc, so I decided to construct a scrog frame out of pvc pipe. Do you all think this is safe or should I get rid of the pvc?

stevetberry

Reaction score
There are certain toxins that can be released from certain plastics but I do not think that PVC is one of them. I do hydro and I try to make sure that any tubing I use is safe for drinking water.

7greeneyes

MedicalNLovingIt!
Reaction score
Shouldn't be any problem. Just don't use pvc on any butane hash extractions and you'll be fine.

Hamster Lewis

Reaction score
7greeneyes said:
Shouldn't be any problem. Just don't use pvc on any butane hash extractions and you'll be fine.
:yeahthat:

7 has it right IMO.....

CaLiO

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the info all, especially considering the simplicity of working with pvc. I now plan on building a small veg. tent using pvc and panda film.

7greeneyes said:
Yea I can imagine heat and plastic never being a good mix. Wasn't even aware of that method of making hash until now lol. Thanks again

Reaction score
PVC pipe is approved for potable water. I do not believe that you will have any problems with PVC water line.

Ginagin

Reaction score
@ Calico, Your rank or whatever says your "Tent Growers Extraodinare".

Q: What do you think they make tents out of?

A: Composite fabrics; most likely impregnated with PVC

CaLiO

Reaction score
Ginagin said:
@ Calico, Your rank or whatever says your "Tent Growers Extraodinare".

Q: What do you think they make tents out of?

A: Oxford Cloth outside and Mylar inside.
This question was brought on from issue's that were going on when I began growing with the HydroHut's. I have been doing a lot of research on the topic and it seems the problems that I am referring to have been addressed.
This article sums it up . . . hxxp://www.hydrohuts.com/news.html

7greeneyes

MedicalNLovingIt!
Reaction score
CaLiO said:
This question was brought on from issue that were going on when I began growing with the HydroHut's. I have been doing a lot of research on the topic and it seems the problems that I am referring to have been addressed.
This article sums it up . . . hxxp://www.hydrohuts.com/news.html
WHAMMY! ^ there ya go.

CountryBoy

Michigan Farmer
Reaction score
I have used a system that I designed that has emitters drip into buckets that sit on a plywood frame with the pvc return pipes attached under the plywood. I never have had a problem with the pvc in anywy. They make a easy and cheap way to return nutients to the main tank after the excess flows out of the plant buckets bottom opening that fits into the underneath pvc pipe.

bubba902

Reaction score
I used PVC and black/white poly film. 4x3x5 was 40$ to build and wrap..

Latest posts