Question about making cannabutter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gslimm

Reaction score
I made some cannabutter for the first time about 4 hrs ago...I use a crock pot,i used a stick and a half of unsalted butter for 12g of some good weed,I used no water..i put the crockpot on (keep warm) and let it go for 18 hrs,i strained with cheesecloth and put it in the fridge..My butter is dark green..My question is,is this good or bad..Is it dark because of the weed to butter ratio or is it because there to much chlorophyll in it..the bud was dried and cured because i brought it to smoke from my dude, just like i always do..and will it be potent.. thx so much for the help..The pic is below..

The green is chlorophyll and plant matter left in the butter. I always add water--it seems like the butter turns out lighter if I add water and then chill to separate the butter and water. I always pour a lot of green water off.

I also do not believe that cheese cloth is fine enough to strain out the plant matter well enough.

Last time I made it, I washed it 3 or 4 times and it came out almost yellow. Tasted more like butter than pot.

It pays to wash it, for sure. I washed mine 3 or 4 times until the water pour-off was almost clear.

I'll try to find the recipe I used.

Sorry it took me so long to get back,but since then i made some brownies with the butter..and nothing no high at all..i had the crock pot on keep warn for 18 hrs maybe i over cooked it..i don't know...i try that recipe you gave me..thx bro.

Latest posts

Back