Question about micro nutrients and hard water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanfhead

~Natural~
Reaction score
Ok, I just got home from my favorite shop. Unfortunately they did not have any hard water micro. I'm just curious. What would the signs be from using regular GH micro, with hard water @ about 500ppm. And where can I read more about this subject, I just read through most of the "read this first" posts and didn't see it mentioned. I was using about 25% of the recommended micro, but until I find out for sure I stopped completely. I know I need to at least get a carbon filter and the HW Micro, but what would you guys and gals recommend until I have the $?

HH

Not even an opinion on the subject? I'm sure someone here knows something.

I wouldnt worry about it too much, Ive used tap water plenty of times and had good grows.... Just use the Micro as normal, the plants will soak it up:cool:

Does the HW Micro just have less of the things that are already most likely in the water? I couldn't find much on the subject, just to use the HW micro if your ppm was over 200 i think or if your calcium is over a certain amount.

hanfhead said:
Does the HW Micro just have less of the things that are already most likely in the water? I couldn't find much on the subject, just to use the HW micro if your ppm was over 200 i think or if your calcium is over a certain amount.

I really dont know much about the HW formula, but I know things grow fine with the regular stuff... If its too much then just use less of it... Your leaves will tell you whats wrong...

Latest posts

Back