question for breeders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surfer Joe

Reaction score
This question is for people who grow pot plants for seeds.
I was wondering if seed production tends to affect bud development or yield compared to unfertilized plants.
Does a plant tend to keep making more and more buds if it isn't getting fertilized?
Does it tend to slow down making more buds if it gets fertilized since it has accomplished its purpose and then focuses on developing the seeds it has?
Do seeded buds tend to mature slower or faster than unfertilized buds?
Thanks for any advice.

Plants will devote their main energy to seed production over resin production and mass. Overall, the size of the buds look similar, but more of the weight is in seeds compared to plant mass in unfertilized plants. They continue to grow new bud / swell but maybe at a less vigorous rate since the focus is seed production. Your overall dry flower weight with the seeds removed will be less than if it were unseeded and the same size.

They tend to mature on the same timeline, if it is a 60 day strain, it is usually ready in 60 days, but your seeds may not be. They need roughly 6 weeks to fully mature.

The effect of seeded bud is yield, you lose the seeds weight which normally in a non pollinated female would be bud:D

This question is for people who grow pot plants for seeds.
I was wondering if seed production tends to affect bud development or yield compared to unfertilized plants.

no , not in my experience and if it does , the difference is minimal...besides , it’s all relative...I had seeded plants this year that had a yield of 2-4 lbs per plant , seeded..so if the same plant was unseeded , would it yield 2.3 - 4.3 per plant?...I mean , who is gonna be unhappy with a plant that yields 2-4 lbs?

Does a plant tend to keep making more and more buds if it isn't getting fertilized?

getting fertilized has nothing to do with bud production

Does it tend to slow down making more buds if it gets fertilized since it has accomplished its purpose and then focuses on developing the seeds it has?

no

Do seeded buds tend to mature slower or faster than unfertilized buds?

it will all mature when it’s supposed to , seeded or unseeded

hope that helps

Thanks for any advice.

Latest posts

Back