Question on shocked plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marie lavau

Reaction score
I have a 2 foot plant that is slowly dying. The leaves are turning yellow and brown. The leaves are shrivling but are not all dry. It has been 7 days since I shocked it with ph lowered water to low to fast. I flushed them 7 days ago and let them sit. I have only sprayed the folage with thrive solution. Is there anything I can do to help bring them back?

Sounds like Nute Burn,,but really need pics and ,or more info.. What kinda soil are you using? Have you feed them recently? What PH are you using?What lights and where are they in relation to your canopy?

Try to watch the heat and keep the air fresh... You've already flushed and I would try anything more with the root zone. Keep us posted.

I've had good luck using a little liquid kelp/seaweed after/with flush to help them recover.

heres a photo. I have not feed it for a couple of weeks. I screwed up and did a ph adjustment with lemon juice and took it to fast. I repotted it in the 5 gallon bucket in organic potting soil. I clipped dead and dying leaves. It is not dead or it would have went brown a few days ago. It is shocked bad though and stopped growing.

DSC04846.JPG

marie lavau said:
heres a photo. I have not feed it for a couple of weeks. I screwed up and did a ph adjustment with lemon juice and took it to fast. I repotted it in the 5 gallon bucket in organic potting soil. I clipped dead and dying leaves. It is not dead or it would have went brown a few days ago. It is shocked bad though and stopped growing.
To me you have a Sulfur problem. Do not repot or replant anymore... it will be too shocking. Lowering the Ph to 5.5 to 6 and try adding inorganic sulfur to a fertilizer that contains magnesium sulfate (Epsom salt) .Take cow or other animal's excrement. They have to be well rotted or youll burn your roots.

talk to other members around, they may have a different solution or a better, cleaner way to do it! :bolt: :bong1:

Looks like Nitrogen Deff to me. Needs to be feed. Also,,your PH should be 6.5-6.8 in soil. Give it lots of light and plenty fresh air.

CowboyBudsky said:
Looks like Nitrogen Deff to me. Needs to be feed. Also,,your PH should be 6.5-6.8 in soil. Give it lots of light and plenty fresh air.
:yeahthat: ....IMO cutting leaves just causes more stress.

Latest posts

Back