Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exile06

Reaction score
ok the whole neighborhoods power just flickerd and that caused my Mh to go out and not reignite for about 5 mins ,They will be 2 weeks old on friday. my cfls that give light to my seedlings a few feet away came back on so they werent left completley dark. will this have any big affect ? I have my lights on 24/7 even tho ide like to have them on 18/6 but its too late now. but my last grow i did 18/6 so ill try it,

I believe that your ladies will be just fine<and yes it does take a little while for a MH or a HPS or reignite,cause of the ballest.No worries mate!!:)

If your lights go out unplanned it is best to turn the switch to the off position then turn your lights on in 15 minutes to avoid damaged to your light system.

a short blackout is not going to hurt anything. Just tell your plants in was a dark cloudy day.

Switching your plants to 18/6 shouldn't hurt them, I would do it slowly over a week and reduce the light an hour a day. JMO

Hey dude,

My power went out for 20 hrs straight last week and my plants are none the worse for wear. I was going 24/0 since shortly after germination and was freaked that the dark would screw things up. After asking around from the more experienced guys here, I took the advice to go straight back to 24/0. My plants are fine and it didn't seem to have any effect, so I think a few minutes would be no big deal.

yeah a couple minutes isn't a big deal.... light during the dark period is the problem... not the other way around... it'll just trigger flowering if it is a habit.

Flickers ****... I always freak when the power goes on n off.... I figure the light will get rite cooked.

Latest posts

Back