Questions about lady!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

djdarkmeat

This is very important it's about a plant named Lady, she was planted by a friend that has passed, on March 19, 2009 my best friend died after being in a coma for 2 weeks, a week or so before his accident he was at a friends house and they were tossing a gang of seeds randomly out into their yard, he told them put one of them right here under the storm drain, it just so happened that that spot had a perfect view of the southern sky and got water frequently, it was the only seed that sprouted out of a few hundred that were tossed in the yard, and the kicker is that it started to show up to were everyone noticed it the day of his funeral, wicked right, so naturally this group of akin stoners took this as his personal form of coming back, so we had to keep it alive, well it was in the wrong yard so it needed to be moved, a friend and I dug it up attempt to damge as little roots as possible so we could move it to a location that he had picked out in the woods as his secret spot he called it Kansas after the stoner movie Rolling Kansas, we couldn't transplant the plant as quickly as we wanted so it had to sit in the back of a car for a few hours and I'm afraid it took a fair amount of damage, it's been a week or so we put it in a large pot with an organic soil mix, wanting it to fully recover before we put it in the ground out at Kansas, most of the fan leaves turned necrotic and I cut them off as well as a few other leaves turned necrotic, the top is still tender but it wont stand up by itself, and the main stem is very healthy as well as much of the newer growth seems to be striving, I live in Florida so the weather is very sporadic (from below 70 to above 90), are there any suggestions out there to help this plant along, I want it to be a mother plant that we can start a larger garden with it, so it's imperative it survives, please lone me your infamous wisdom...The Philosopher Stoned signing out.

Hello Djdarkmeat :)

Thats a nice eulogy you have written :aok:

Stop cutting leaves off!

Even if damaged and looking sick, they are still used by the plant.

Has the plant made any recovery in the past week?

:peace:

1sh289.jpg

After that, water with a dilute b1 transplant fertilizer (Lillymiller's good and cheap) to help reduce root shock and hastening its new growth. Good luck and Keep that girl alive. or if it's a male...make a nice cross. Laters.

Thanks for the advice, and to clarify I never cut off anything that looked sickly I only cut off completely necrotic leaves (ones that had turned completely crispy and dry to the point that they were falling off on their own) yes it has improved within the past week or so though the top is still quite damaged and droopy, should I be tying to a stake with twine to give it support, it is far too tender to break at the top, the newest growth looks very vital and the main stem is stronger than ever, I will seek out some of that transplant sutff I know the roots could use it, though I am very limited I have the Home Depot and the closest real gardening store is 75 or more miles away...

Since it isn't something you add to the water how should I go about using the Lilly Miller's since I have already transplanted to a large pot (3-5 gallons) I wouldn't want to disturb the plant more than it already is by re-transplanting into soil mixed with Lilly Miller's would I (that's what the instructions say on the back of the box)? Thank You.

hi there djdarkmeat welcome to the biggest little forum in the world ! nice story about a lady named kansas 10/10 ..is it possible bro to post a picture of kansas this allows us to do a visual inspection . how tall is she i fear that the tap root may be damaged if shes 10inches tall the tap root(main root) can be between 15-30 inches deep depending on ya soil medium ..although she's been replanted this can take upto 3 weeks for recovery if she's been put in another soil medium (different type) have you fed any nutrients to the lass and is their any slow release fertilisers in her soil now !

How much daylight is the plant getting?

Yes you may need to stake it up until the plant regains its strength to hold itself stable.

The plant has had a rough ride but with care, will bounce back :)

I agree with everything Purp has written, it would help if you can let us see the plant.

What is Lilly Miller's ?

:peace:

LILLY MILLER is a (very common, every Home De Pot and Lowes carries it) stateside garden line of ferts and so forth. LM has a LIQUID b1 transplant fertilizer that you add to water. LM's just a brand name...look for any kind of b1 liquid fert to help reduce transplant shock. I and a small circle of growers have used it for over 15 years and it improves turnaround time. MJ doesn't respond to price tags (i.e. fancy hydro nutes and other nonsense) they respond to the correct npk's and I find the cheaper the better as long as the girls flourish. I've grown killer harvests for many years just utilizing HomeDePot ferts(Pete's 20-20-20 for veg and Alaska Fish MORBLOOM for bloom and b1 liquid fert for x-plant). I put most of my effort to my soil mix and blasting them with 1kw of hid goodness. Keeper Green...7GE :)

The Plant is at the Highest point in the city I live in, in the middle of a clearing with a completely clear view of the southern sky as well as an unobstructed view of the East & Western skies, so it pretty much get's all the sunlight it can get...the soil I used is that new Miracle-gro Organic Choice and yes I believe it has some time-release ferts in it, I'm going to purchase some B-1 and see how that effects it, I will work on getting some before & after transplant pics together to put on here...until then share anymore ideas you've got, I love what I've heard so far...Thank You, The Philosopher Stoned

They didn't have any Lilly Miller (or any B-1 Fertilizer for that matter) at The Home Depot, I checked Lowes website and they have a product called Green Light Root Stimulator & Starter Solution, it contains B-1 & Root Growth hormone for treating "transplant shock" I will pick it up tomorrow and begin treatment immediately...I'll keep you posted, The Philosopher Stoned signing out for the night!!!!!!

Just my elementary opinion, but if it was my plant, and it's already in Miracle Gro soil, I would let it get established before putting anymore nutrients on it. I suppose the stuff to reduce transplant shock is okay, that's something I've never done.

Being that you are growing a weed, too much TLC can be worse for it than just letting nature take its course. Many a plant has lost its life to too much love. Once it gets strong, resume fertilizing periodically during the growing season.

Defer to Hippie on any differences of opinion.

I wasn't planning on fertilizing it with anything other than this transplant shock treatment, not until it goes into the ground (which could be at least a month down the road) I haven't even decided on a fertilizer yet, though I like the Earth Juice blends for the different life cycles of the plant, but you're right ferts or on down the road, I'm just attempting to stimulate some roots for a speedy recovery.

I bought the Root Stimulator yesterday and made a gallon and watered the plant, I'll prolly take some pics today, when I went to see it I notice that most of the sickly looking parts (such as what was left of the fan leaves the lowest leaves and the very tip, which was a few days ago simply very tender), has dried up and become necrotic but the newer small leaves that have sprouted since the transplant are vibrant green and rather lush looking. Hope to see improvement, although with the top part so damaged it's hard to say how it will recover, any feedback?

This is the before picture...

Lady Before.jpg

This was immediatley after we dug Lady out of the ground...
Tommorow I'll load up the current pics so that you can asses the damages, I went ahead and took them from 4 different angles...

The Philosopher Stoned signing out.

Here is Lady in her current condition (2 Angles):

Lady Week 1 (Angle 1).jpgLady Week 1 (Angle 2).jpg

If you guys need any close ups or other type of pics let me know and I'll go take them and post them, alright these are the pics, have at it...let me know any advice you can give, you see how the lower growth is doing well but the higher you go on the plant the more damaged it is...The Philosopher Stoned signing out...

the before pic is much better. I am not sure what that plant did to deserve what you have been doing to her.

Ya'll stupid man read the whole post before you open your mouth, damn have some respect for the dead, man the plant got damaged in a transplant that is the very first week after transplant, anyway to all ya'll who've been on this thread the plant is looking great, you know I had to check it out on 4/20 since using the root stimulator it has grown alot more growth you guys will love the week 2 pics (the first week after treatment, second week after transplant) I'll take them in a few days (thursday or so)...The Philosopher stoned signing out.......

For one I never said anything about your friend, I only pointed out the plant is in rough shape. As far as ya'll being stupid, no skin off my teeth. If you are going to get all upset over a plant you may want to redirect that question at the closest mirror.

Latest posts

Back