Quick Curious Question please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EsC420PoT

Hydro Indoor Grower
Reaction score
Hello there, Got a quick curious questions please. I need to get into my grow room and add some fans as well as spray down my plants with some anti PM spray. (Yes it's safe for when flowering) But, then only thing is my dark period is from 8am to 8pm. Now lately iv been way to busy to be able to be there past 8pm or before 8am, and I always seem to be having time at around 12-4 depending on my work schedule. Now I know you never want your plants to be exposed to light during the dark period. But was curious, is it possible, just this once, to open up the grow room right now and hook up a couple fans, and do about my plants for maybe 30-45 min at the most, and then putting them back and never doing such a thing again until harvest? Is this possible to do without causing my plants to hermie or some kind of problem? Is exposing my plants to light for about a half hour ok? as long as I never do it again for the rest of the grow? Any help greatly appreciated, thanks.

If you just make time while the lights are on you won't have a worry. From what I read, as soon as the plants are exposed to like they begin chemical changes, and it doesn't take very long. I wouldn't do it -- I would worry too much about hermies. Perhaps someone with more experience has done it without problems. Good luck whatever you decide.

Peace

I have gone in and flicked the lights on before, but never for that amount of time. If you have a stable strain I would think it would not be a problem this one time. I look at it the same as a power outage during lights on. The power goes out for a few hours then come back on, then off again at their schedule time. Never hurt my girls, but there again, I don't like having to many power outages either.

What about getting a green light bulb? I thought I read about green light not being seen by the plants. Or I might have smoked some really good bud and imagined it. :)

I read about that too Hammy. Plants won't absorb the green light so it doesn't cause any harm. I bought a small green LED flashlight from HTG for around $12. Haven't had to use it yet but thought it might come in handy someday.

I have a green LED headlight for going into my grow during lights out. That is the only way I do it. I have gone in many times with the green light without any problems but you have to make sure you don't have other light leaking into the room when you open the door. I wouldn't go in and turn on any lights but the green LED light as it is specific to the wavelength that they don't absorb. Anything else and you run a risk, and certainly don't hit them with regular light for any length of time.

EsC420PoT,

Marijuana is extremely sensitive to light changes. I remember helping a grower a few years back who had issues with an outdoor plant. A streetlight was providing to much "nighttime" light disrupting it's flowering cycle. I've also seen hermies develop from seemingly week and irrelevant light sources in a grow room.

It comes down to consistency. If you have an intrusive light or visit your plants on a consistant basis - during they're "dark" time you will effect the natural flow of things for sure. However, I've absolutely had to move plants or tend to them in extraordinary situations exposing them directly to daylight during they're dark time with no ill effects at all. I don't like doing this nor recommend it but it stands in my experiences as okay once in a blue moon. Plants respond to environmental conditions "bio-chemically" or I should say "phyto-chemically". This process takes time to begin and allows us small windows to work with or observe our plants. When I say "small windows" I mean hours btw, not days :)

Generally speaking, plants expose consistency in the generally chaotic world of nature. One of those important consistencies is light. When considering whats best for your plants think about how they would function naturally. This extends to a plants color. A plant absorbs almost every color in the spectrum besides green. Plants usually reflect green back, hence the reason they appear green to us. This is why experienced growers are advising you purchase a green bulb to do work during "dark" times.

I never enter my Growroom after lights out cause I gets done whats needed in the 12 hours the lights are on.:D

Latest posts

Back