quick! PH meter help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cannabiscotti

Reaction score
so i'm in the middle of starting some clones. i used 2 gal of distilled water, with 2 drops superthrive. so my ph meter is weird. i'm using a bubble cloner, put the water in, got the airstones going probly about 30 mins now. when i put my PH pen in the water in the corner where the water is still it stabilizes high, like 6.8-7.25 or something. but once i start to swish the meter around the ph will go lower, down to 5.6. if i keep it still it will stabilize, but if i keep swishing it will keep changing. so what gives?? i put the pen in my res for my DWC unit and it will stabilize even when i'm swishin it around, it doesn't change.

the superthrive i added is just vitamins and horomones. i added 2 drops to the 2 gal of distilled water. this is well below the 1/4 teaspoon per gallon or one drop per cupful.

what gives?

need to stabilize the test. Place your test water in a separate glass/cup then test

ok-put into a separate container, phd at 6.13 after swooshing and then letting it sit still it stabilized at 5.88. swooshed some more and let it sit, now 5.76. did it again, this time it stopped at 5.70. but slowly crawled back up .01 at a time. stopping at 5.85

i cleaned out my DWC and put new water in and my bloom nutes. i was planning on taking cuttings and then putting into flowering. will I be ok to keep in veg state with bloom nutes for a day or two and let this cloner bubble out and stablize?

turned my ph meter off and stuck it back in and it's saying 5.88 again. but again once i swoosh it around and stopped at 5.76. weird. i just calibrated on friday. i'm gonna do that again, we'll see what happens.

I would go with the 5.8 range.

I mix my nutes, then let bubble for awhile(to stabilize) then ph check, just like you just did, then adjust ph, let bubble,then check ph,repeat till ph is achieved.

Cannabiscotti said:
turned my ph meter off and stuck it back in and it's saying 5.88 again. but again once i swoosh it around and stopped at 5.76. weird. i just calibrated on friday. i'm gonna do that again, we'll see what happens.

Mine does the same thing. Is yours a wizard?

its a hanna combo. and i just got it a month or so ago. it's just never acted like that before for me. once it stabilizes, i can stir the water around and it will stay within .02 or so.

i just recalibrated. now it's givin me a 5.65

it seems to be between 5.6-5.8; and with my DWC the first week or so it would climb a lil bit. so i think i'll just take my cuttings and keep an eye on it.

I know mine acted real squirrely till I calibrated it then never had a problem, once stabilized. Giving time for it to temperature compensate....Maybe that is the problem a little bit too? Is there a temp change between air and water?...Just a thought while stoned

yea, the temps dif between the air and water is less than 10*F so that shouldn't make too much of a difference. but good thinkn. this is my first grow. and i got a DWC, a few outdoor, now i'm cloning.... and learning SO much along the way. now i just gotta find a place to put these clones until the rest are done....

thanks for your help--you got my MVP vote!

Latest posts

Back