Raccoon Killing Time!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm as guilty as anyone of breaking the rules of posting on this site. IMHO this thread did break a lot of rules with respect to acts of violence, etc. Lass, let cooler heads prevail and take awhile to think about the controversy. This is a great site and you did make some excellent points though many I would admit that I don't agree with.

Id pay money to see you or Effin Gee armed with a jacknife taking a full grown male raccoon on.
No chance of that, eh? Nah...you might get hurt! Better to hide in the bush and aim thru a scope...

I'll do it. Catching and killing stuff is my specialty, but always with a reason. Or at least a reason I'm ok with. Its funny that you mention the lack of interaction in killing/hunting now a days with the advent of long range rifles and scopes. Its the exact reason I have started to go backwards and no longer hunt with a rifle. Now I use bows, eventually I would like to try spears, or atlatels, heck a few years back I tried stalking a deer that had bedded down and tried to get on its back to stab it in the throat with a knife. I failed but its was a great experience. Foods gotta come from somewhere, and I refuse to eat the chemically fed "enhanced" bullcrap in the stores.

Oh and just so everyone knows their is a big difference between living in the woods with services up to your house and garbage collection and people living around you even if they are a few miles away, and living in the freaking woods. Walk into northern Alberta, BC or any area like it that is uninhabited and a gun is a must. We are at the top of the food chain, period.

As far as choosing not to kill things goes, I make that choice everyday. I stop my vehicle for cats crossing the road even though I despise them, I don't stop my truck and shoot coyotes just because I saw one, I buy liscences and don't poach. Learn a bit about conservation (I mean real conservation not this all life is precious crap cause sometimes killins just got to get done.)

Also sitting in front of that copperhead was a stupid position to put yourself in and that animal. If it had of attacked you it would then need to be destroyed and you would be the proud owner of a couple of really nifty puncture wounds. You're lucky you didn't learn the lesson Timothy Treadwell did. There's another idealistic tree hugger who found out the hard way that nature can be *****.

Don't you see what's happening?

Within 30,000 years the Earth has become a small place.

When a species develops too prosperously it will naturally expand, like a virus grown in a petri dish, the only way to keep it in check and keep its numbers down is for nature and extraneous events to slow or minimise its over efficiency.

This is where death arrives.

Death is not our enemy, it is a line where once crossed, the genus has expanded too far.

:peace:

Death is not our enemy, it is a line where once crossed, the genus has expanded too far.

:peace:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, maybe...except for my 87 year old mother in-law. She refuses to die and I've given up trying to help her. But seriously, my wife and I are trying to talk her son into giving her medical cannabis so it will improve her appetite.

Regardless...it's been fun and it's been real and thank you all for teaching me SO much about Growing MJ.

It was never my intention to besmirch these halls with my bigotry.... but I didnt know Im a bigot. now that I know, I can sure take it out, and yes, I'll be careful to not let the door slap me in the butt on my way out.

best of luck to all Growers Special thanks to TCBud and Hick.

now see.... "WHY" we don't care for all the 'off topic' subjects?..
lass was warmly greeted, treated kindly, and perfectly happy at MP, as long as we remained talking about MJ cultivation. I'm betting even the killing of pesty mites, gnats, slugs, ect. would be acceptable.
But now, because of her views on subjects totally unrelated, we may have lost an otherwise great member.
I'm sure, if I were to fully express my opinions on these subjects, I would be labled a 'right wing nut job'. NO doubt. And would probably make some enemies here. Not unlike lass' has.

yeh its great to kill tings spec humans not in2 killin no critters thou wen no arms bin dun cept sum stoopid fishs eten up which is nather int it
Time4Plan-B

hi tc i noticed lass apolagised fer her comment even thou she dint mean it dat way.
shes no biggot man.
so why u comment or defend on all dis animul rites den.
so u agris on animel crulty dus ya.
pelet in da left eye den stabed to deth...so funny dat.
Time4Plan-B.
cop an ak n spray dats the mentality of kids 2day

We have the same problem in our ponds but we simply net them over. In addition to raccoons we also have seagulls.

Coyote urine is somewhat useful for raccoon, depending on if you just have one raccoon or many raccoons.

Time4Plan-B said:
hi tc i noticed lass apolagised fer her comment even thou she dint mean it dat way.
shes no biggot man.
Time4Plan-B.

WHAT?

Time4Plan-B said:
shes no biggot man.
Time4Plan-B.

So many spelling mistakes yet your introduction to the forum was error free.

:rolleyes:

:peace:

Time4Plan-B said:
shes no biggot man.
Time4Plan-B.

There is no way on earth anyone could possibly spell this poorly while maintaining any kind of definable grip on the English language. There is a mindful sentence structure, proper spacing and a relatively remote intelligence (and I mean relatively, as in my hip hop rapping 13th cousin 9 times removed from the backwoods of Oklahoma). Pure poser.

"kids 2day" wear their jeans around their knees and their boxers up to their elbows and talk just.....Like.....You!:rofl:

Look, if you want to make friends here, don't try to pretend to be something you are not.... Unless, of course, you are just Papabeach1 reincarnated. Why, then, I guess it's ok;) Fan leaf?:48:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back