Re-Doing Flowering Chamber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjb

Garage Grower
Reaction score
Hey Y'all, I'm re-doing my flowering chamber after current crop is done (a week or so away), and I had a question.
My current chamber is 4' deep x 5.5 wide x 7.5" tall. I use a 1000w air cooled HPS. I thought I had enough lumens for my sq. footage but these last plants stretched like crazy:eek: . I replaced bulb with a new one, but plants were already well into flowering so I'm not sure if that stopped the stretch. Do I have enough light or should I shrink the chamber size?

Would a light mover help my stretch?

I did have a heat problem at the beginning of last cycle. That could have caused stretch also right?

I'll post pics of new set-up when I get it going.

:ciao:

Lets see...4 x 5.5 = 22 sqft X 5000lumens = 110,000 lumens need to cover your grow space. For the min of 5000lumens/sqft. That is if my math is right.

Your light is producing enough lumens.

No a light mover will not reduce your stretch.ime

I would say your heat issues may have caused your stretch, unless it is in its generics to stretch a lot.

Lowering your light will also help. I lower mine tell the back of my hand just begins feeling the warmth from the light.

Yeah. It's not you light. Your doing something wrong or its a sativa dominant strain. You should be able to pull 2lb's from a harvest.

Thanks. I think the heat got me. Won't have to worry about that for a while. Will have to fix before next summer though.

What strain were you going? Some strains just stretch and there is nothing you can do about it. I personally do not believe that it was heat. I have never had heat causing stretching problems. In addition, 2 lbs is almost a gram a watt, which is doable, but you need a well dialed in grow space. I don't think most people pull a gram a watt.

What type of light and setup do you veg with? For me, using HO T5's is the key to short squat plants. Once you flip them some stretch is inevitable but how much depends a lot on strain. I also don't think heat caused the stretch. jmo

Strain me thinks. If yur lights are proper( Lumens and Positioning) then I cant see heat causeing it.

2 strains both from clones from friend. African queen and Spicy White Devil.

Hamster Lewis said:
What type of light and setup do you veg with? For me, using HO T5's is the key to short squat plants. Once you flip them some stretch is inevitable but how much depends a lot on strain. I also don't think heat caused the stretch. jmo

That could be it. Using 4 regular t12 fluorescent shop lights in area 2x4x3. Probably not enough. Have t5 fixture on things I need list.

Danget,,I missed the T12s he was using.

Latest posts

Back