Red Bud??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DutchMasterPuff

Reaction score
Every time i smoke with my dad he gets high (of course lol) and then starts talking about how back in his day they had some weed called red bud and how great it was and bla bla bla. Anybody know if that strain is still alive or a similar one to it? It would make for a nice birthday present if i could grow some out.

Thx i'll probably get some of that when it comes out! do u think hemp depot will have it?

Hemp depot carries his stuff. You might email them and ask for it. He posts over at thcfarmer and is a mod there. He only recently posted that he was releasing this strain. It will probably be available on their auction at thcbay.

Well, back in my day, Red Bud was just a general term for Mex weed. Thats it, bnot a specific strain at all, just the street term for cheap mex weed.
RedBud.

NorCalHal said:
Well, back in my day, Red Bud was just a general term for Mex weed. Thats it, bnot a specific strain at all, just the street term for cheap mex weed.
RedBud.

interesting but i sure don't want none of that lol:)

Panama Red, Panama Red!
Steals your woman, then he robs your head.
Panama Red, Panama Red!
On his white horse Mescalito, he rides into town,
My woman's up in bed waitin' for Panama Red...

From "Panama Red" - New Riders of the Purple Sage

Peace...j.b.

banjobuzz said:
yeah, nch is right on the money. anything that had red hairs on it was called redbud. there is no comparison from the weed of long ago, and the dank we grow today. and i know , i was there man. sshhh, don't tell no one lol...bb...

lol your secret is safe with me. all this talk about long ago makes me curious tho, are there any strains that were out " back in your day" that are still around?? oh and do u have any recommendations for a strain with red hairs of the present?

I used to have a High Times centerfold of some 'Cali Red' and it looked amazing. This was early 90's, and I've never seen it since.

back in the day---:rolleyes:

i fended for myself then, as i do now. seed came by way of friends through that one killer bag they had, and truth tell, all in all, it was mostly mex brick weeds, or colombian gold. once in a blue moon, we got the maui-wowie, (talk about some stealth packaging in those days, it would make you bust stitches.), and that was only cause a buddy humped it on up here.

in the 70's, my first grow i ever did, was with a loyal buddy. we had 100 plants in one plot outside. they were some of the tallest sativas i'd ever seen. well, just so happened, they way outgrew the 9 foot corn, and everyone else seen them too.:eek: . my old man made me go to the field with him, and chop down my own crop with him, while he cussed at ' them you know what hippies'.:eek: (sorry bro).

there was a field of red haired something or other burning that day. oh, the pain...

fast forward...

today, i'd say umbra is correct with the cali-o, org skunk, and cherry bomb. ( i had some cali-o recently on my b-day). also, there are so many strains today that you must go by word of mouth, and the pics we see on the net. and recently, i've found some real deal stuff from a member here whom is a breeder, by the name of Subcool.:D . do a search, he's got what you'll be needing bro. it will make the old man look like this-:D :D :D ...bb...

Sounds like some Old Tymer in this Thread.. "back In The Day" :rofl:

so many options, i seen some of his gear on hemp depot and the jack the ripper....yea i just looked at it again and i think im sold on that one his pictures are so beautiful.

Ya know swear that Red bud was just the old columbian gold. Red and hairy... try growing that in a hydro....lol should do the job....

banjobuzz said:
back in the day---:rolleyes:

i fended for myself then, as i do now. seed came by way of friends through that one killer bag they had, and truth tell, all in all, it was mostly mex brick weeds, or colombian gold. once in a blue moon, we got the maui-wowie, (talk about some stealth packaging in those days, it would make you bust stitches.), and that was only cause a buddy humped it on up here.

in the 70's, my first grow i ever did, was with a loyal buddy. we had 100 plants in one plot outside. they were some of the tallest sativas i'd ever seen. well, just so happened, they way outgrew the 9 foot corn, and everyone else seen them too.:eek: . my old man made me go to the field with him, and chop down my own crop with him, while he cussed at ' them you know what hippies'.:eek: (sorry bro).

there was a field of red haired something or other burning that day. oh, the pain...

fast forward...

today, i'd say umbra is correct with the cali-o, org skunk, and cherry bomb. ( i had some cali-o recently on my b-day). also, there are so many strains today that you must go by word of mouth, and the pics we see on the net. and recently, i've found some real deal stuff from a member here whom is a breeder, by the name of Subcool.:D . do a search, he's got what you'll be needing bro. it will make the old man look like this-:D :D :D ...bb...

I bet you felt like you just shot your own dog,lol had to hurt

I have a strain here in NZ so-called 'Red Cherry' - the budz have been red haired since flowering. Check em out:

red cherry.jpg

Latest posts

Back