Refused drug test!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoner94043

Reaction score
Hello everyone! So, it's been a while since I last posted (not counting today)

I have been sending resumes out by the truckload. I've gotten some responses and interviews, and an offer.

I accepted an offer on a job similar to what I have now. More money, different people, etc. I was instructed to go down to the local lab(clinic) to get a quick physical and drug test.

The day came and I went to the clinic. After a very brief "physical" the Dr. handed me 'the cup'. I asked what it was for and of course I knew. . .he stated it was a urine collector for the drug test.

I looked at him and handed it back. He looked pretty surprised. I told him I wouldn't take it, and I told him why. I told him I didn't want anyone outside of my Dr's office knwoing my condition. He asked how someone could know through a simple urine test. I educated him on how it would be possible for one of their lab rats to colect the specimen and check deeper. Even possibly call my future employer to tell them what he or she found. That violates my right to privacy. Then I took my wallet and showed him my 'license'/recommendations, etc.

He walked away and came back and handed me the paperwork and my card. He then said 'I understand what you said and here's what I am willing to do. I will instruct the lab to overlook the marijuana that may or may not be in your system, but you will need to tell your new employer when you can.

2 days later I got a call from my future boss. He told me the results came back inconclusive. Huh? Inconclusive was the way this Dr. told the employer something funny was going on. Without hesitaton I explained I use medicinal marijuana and gave him the Doctors phone number that provided me with the recommendation. I explained the frequency in which I use it and that I never use it during a work day,etc. He said he'd have to talk to his partners and geet back to me.

The next day he called and gave me an offer for employment.

The moral of the story (if there is one) would be fight for your rights no matter what's at stake!

congrats,that is super cool.glad you stood up for your rights

Right on!
Had a similar incident myself at a factory where I was denied employment but because of that incident I was hired on at the job I am currently working and making twice the salary I would have had I taken the test and passed.

jed said:
what types of conditions qualify legal smoking

Short List:

Life
Modern Civilization
Social Interactions
Futuristic Methods of Transportation (Cars)
Employment
Wealth
Poverty
Pain
Internal Anguish
Angst
Irritability Towards Inadequacies
Irritability Towards Ignorance
Unrest
Americanitis
Consumerosis
Brain Fur
Overdramatic-ness
Eyeball Scoliosis
...rectal aggression...:confused:

The Long List:

Anything not covered above.

Depending on the doctor the applications can range from "Insomnia" or "Headaches" to terminal paitents in some states.

Here in California you need to be able to speak and write. That's about it.

(And congrats on the new jeerb)

Fight the power!!! :headbang2:

Latest posts

Back